What you need to know
- Minecraft Dungeons is the co-op focused, dungeon-crawling ARPG spin-off of Minecraft.
- It's been relatively steadily gaining new features and content through DLC and free updates.
- The latest patch, 188.8.131.52, adds the new Spooky Fall Event until November 3, with exclusive rewards and challenges.
- This update also adds Apocalypse Plus, or 20 new difficulties that dramatically raise the power ceiling.
Minecraft Dungeons is rolling out a new patch update today with 184.108.40.206, that expectantly adds the Spooky Fall Event to Minecraft Dungeons. With this event, which lasts from today until November 3, 2020, you'll have seasonal challenges and trials to complete, and exclusive gear and rewards to unlock. This is Minecraft Dungeons' first holiday event, so hopefully it paves the well for future timed celebrations.
Alongside the Spooky Fall Event, we also get the Apocalypse Plus mode announced back at Minecraft Live alongside the Minecraft Dungeons Howling Peaks DLC. With Apocalypse Plus, players will have access to an additional twenty levels of difficulty, leading to a great challenge, more powerful gear, and just a whole lot more game to play. You can jump into Apocalypse Plus right alongside the Spooky Fall Event for even more challenge. Good luck!
The full changelog for the Minecraft Dungeons 220.127.116.11 update includes:
Spooky Fall Event
- From October 26th to November 3rd, we're diving into all things creepy and crawly that you don't want to miss. The time-limited Seasonal Trials will bring new challenges, and with new challenges comes new rewards!
- The prizes for surviving these supernatural trials will be ultra-exclusive gear and weapons that are a must-have for this spooky season
- Make sure you join in the frightful festivities before time is up!
- Can you face the meanest of mobs without breaking a sweat? Then the new Apocalypse Plus feature is for you!
- Apocalypse Plus brings a harder difficulty mode than ever before, but it doesn't stop there – it also comes with twenty increasingly challenging levels
- This new feature doesn't change the game you know and love but adds a whole new dimension of difficulty for those who want an extra challenge. Try Apocalypse Plus for yourself, but don't say we didn't warn you!
- Decreased the difficulty of some Daily Trials and all Trials now give better rewards
- Pillager base damage has been reduced from 75 to 62
- Deflecting has been rebalanced from 20 / 40 / 60% to 25 / 35 / 45%
- Mob enchantments are now significantly scarier
- Just before retrieving an item after an upgrade, you can now see the possible power range
- Once an item reaches a certain power level, you'll need to play missions on higher difficulty levels to upgrade the item further
- If the blacksmith can upgrade the item, the item always gets at least +1 power level after upgrading
- Fixed the Creepy Crypt Daily Trial not unlocking despite completing the requirements
- Fixed the Daily Trials Completed counter not resetting to zero at midnight
- Fixed Daily Trials on Underhalls being inaccessible for players who had unlocked but not completed the mission before Daily Trials were implemented
- Unequipping items in the inventory without swapping the item for another item has some issues. This will be addressed in a future update
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft explores the dungeons.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft's story, and Mojang Studios have knocked another one out of the park. Awesome co-op combat paired with powerful loot, all at a crazy affordable price? There's not much more you could ask for in an epic dungeon crawling ARPG.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer primarily focused on covering the latest news, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been with Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019. While originally brought on to write about all things Minecraft, Zachary has since expanded to write about practically everything that Windows Central covers. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.