Need some extra emeralds to exchange for new equipment in Minecraft Dungeons? It might be time to dig through your growing collection of weaker and inferior gear and scrap the excess weight. Clear your inventory, and gain some emeralds for salvaging old equipment? Sounds like a win-win.
Here's what you need to do to salvage your old equipment in Minecraft Dungeons:
How can I salvage old equipment in Minecraft Dungeons?
If you're in the mood for a little bit of spring cleaning, salvaging old equipment is a pretty straightforward process. In exchange, you'll receive a fraction of the items worth in emeralds, to be turned around and used on whatever you want. The nicer the gear you're scrapping, the better the return is. This will be super useful for getting rid of duplicates or unwanted gear but also might become necessary as your inventory fills with junk, and you need more room for nicer gear.
If you want to scrap old equipment in Minecraft Dungeons, do the following:
- Open your inventory by pressing "up" on the d-pad or the equivalent key on your keyboard if you're playing on PC.
- Got through your inventory and highlight the gear you want to salvage. You can salvage weapons and armor.
- If you're sure you want to salvage it, press "X" on your controller or the corresponding key on your keyboard to salvage it.
- The game will ask for tell you how many emeralds you'll get for salvaging this equipment and ask for confirmation. Press "A" on your controller or the corresponding key on your keyboard to confirm and finish salvaging. The emeralds will show up immediately in your inventory.
- If you've made a mistake, you'll have one chance to undo the salvaging. Without moving away from the highlighted slot, press "X" on your controller or the corresponding key on your keyboard to undo the salvaging.
Feeling lighter than ever
With limited inventory slots to store valuable gear, salvaging is a necessary skill to have in Minecraft Dungeons. It also helps if you get a few more emeralds to spend on even more gear, driving down the cost of getting duplicate or inferior equipment from vendors in your camp. Either way, be sure to keep an eye out on how much space you have and take a moment every few levels when you're at camp to throw away the excess.
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft grows up and reaches out.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft's story, and it looks like Mojang and Microsoft are hitting another one out of the park. Minecraft Dungeons combines the familiar world we all grew up on with an injection of Diablo, a whole lot of fun. Available on every platform you're on, for a ridiculously tempting price, what's not to love?
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.