We looked at this app a while back and even interviewed the creator Johnny Westlake. Essentially it's a music player with some neat discovery abilities, which makes it a welcome change from the supplied Xbox Music app.
The fast and fluid music app picks up a number of improvements as it reaches version 1.0 including metadata editing and a live tile if you’re a paying customer.
Quite simply, if you love music and have a Microsoft Surface tablet you need to buy this app right away. Unlike Xbox Music, its fast and fun to use and has some great ways to find more music. If you want to know more I did a full review of the last version which you should read.
Updates for paid users:
- Added: Live Tile for Now Playing Music
- Added: (BETA) Basic Metadata editor for individual tracks in Album view. Will be expanded in future builds.
Updates for all users:
- Added: Ability to perform non-indexed collection update, useful if not all your tracks show up
- Added: Search for artists in collection using the search charm
- Added: Switchable Album view type (via app bar)
- Added: Change Tracks grouping in collection view (via app bar)
- Added: Pop-in context dialog when adding / removing files from the queue
- Added: Additional shuffle all buttons to now playing home screen
- Fixed: Pinned tiles wouldn’t load correctly if database refresh period expired
- Fixed: Search results can now be navigated with keyboard
- Fixed: Rare occurrences where clicking on semantic zoom header wouldn't go to the correct item
- Improved: Rewritten track playing code – faster track changes
- Improved: Higher quality pinned tiles for high DPI devices
- Improved: Search & Now Playing Home screen snap views
- Improved: Collection loading moved to background thread - better responsiveness on start up for low powered machines
- Improved: Improved "Type to search"
- Improved: General improved responsiveness, notably on low powered tablets
- Improved: Added some additional error resilience for when music files fail to open properly
The developer has been busy and I’m certainly looking forward to the increased capabilities of the app to handle music organisation. Lots of my music consists of AAC’s m4a files which the app doesn’t seem to recognise but this isn’t proving a huge problem right now.
Official Website here for full change log
Grab the app from the Store here
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Samsung Odyssey+ heavily discounted amid rumors of new headset
The Samsung Odyssey+ is one of the best Windows Mixed Reality headsets you can buy, and Samsung is selling the headset at over 50% off, likely to sell off supplies in preparation for a next-generation Odyssey launch.
Review: NZXT Kraken Z63 and Z73 are among the best AIO coolers out there
NZXT's latest iteration of its Kraken AIO coolers has brought us the new Z73, boasting a 360mm radiator with three 120mm fans, and Z63, rocking a 280mm radiator with two 140mm fans, both with a fancy new pump design with an LCD display to boot.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.