MyTube is making a play for AMOLED displays with its latest update. The release, which brings the app up to version 3.3.7, doesn't contain a ton of new features. However, the biggest is a new "black/white" theme that brings a true black background that is designed to look great on AMOLED screens and TVs (via OnMSFT).
Aside from the new theme, this update also adds a 0.75x playback speed, along with the ability to force your selected playback speed to persist between videos. The release also bolsters the app's recently added Windows Timeline support by allowing you to choose what videos you'd like to be added to Timeline.
Here's the official rundown of what's new:
- Added 'Full Black/White' theme
- Added 0.75x playback rate
- Selected playback rate will now persist between videos
- Videos submitted by the Room owner are now automatically accepted
- Fixed issue where the player controls constantly reappeared while the pointer was over them
- Added variable playback rate support to the web player
- Video lists are no longer refreshed every 45 minutes during the app's routine account access-token refreshes
- Fixed crash when trying to save a video without an internet connection
- (PC & Mobile) Fixed issue where using fullscreen comments resulted in a black layer over the video
- (PC & Mobile) Added 'Copy link' and 'Pin' context menu item to playlist and channel thumbnails
- (PC) Added setting for what gets added to Timeline
- (November 2015 Update) Fixed crash when background audio finished while on the video page
- (November 2015 Update and Xbox) Fixed issue where private playlists didn't work in the background
- (Xbox) Video details now aligned to the top of the frame rather than the center when too small to fill the space
These features are all available across myTube on all platforms, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and HoloLens.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: The ThinkPad X1 Extreme is better than ever after a 2019 refresh
Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Extreme (Gen 2) hasn't seen a huge overhaul since the first generation, and that's OK. The extras and upgrades are all worthwhile, and this laptop has never been more appealing.
Review: Lenovo's Yoga C640 is an affordable convertible with unreal battery
Have productivity in mind and don't want to spend more than $650 on a convertible laptop? The Lenovo Yoga C640 has a few flaws, but its battery life and performance are noteworthy.
Razer Basilisk V2 review: THE mouse to get for FPS games
On the very same day, Razer released updates to two of its best-ever gaming mice. The Basilisk V2 is one of them, and it improves upon one of our favorite mice in just the right way. The signature feature has been retained, as has the core design, but underneath it's vastly improved and it's gone on a bit of a diet, too.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.