The Xbox Insider program lets Xbox One owners test out upcoming features before they're available to other consumers. It's an integral part of making sure bugs are eliminated before an update launches. According to Xbox Wire, new features are rolling out to select Xbox Insiders today which include enhancements like Dashboard Avatars and Dolby Vision. Keep in mind that not all the features will show up immediately, but will begin to roll out in the coming weeks.
Some of the main additions are listed below. Out of all of these changes, Dashboard Avatars and Dolby Vision Video Streaming stand out the most.
- Dolby Vision Video Streaming: Dolby Vision Video Streaming support is only coming to Xbox One S and Xbox One X. Dolby Vision enables select displays to take HDR up a notch with scene-by-scene precision and accuracy compared to standard HDR which uses one setting for the entire film you're watching.
- Accessibility: The Narrator feature on Xbox One now supports five additional languages including Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, and Dutch. Microsoft is also adding an Australian version of English so Australian users no longer have to select United States or United Kingdom English for the Narrator.
- Dashboard Avatars: A few weeks ago, the Beta Xbox Avatar Editor became available to Xbox Insiders. However, now you can see your Avatar and your friends' Avatars throughout the Xbox One dashboard.
- Search: Search is expanding to include games you already own or have access to through services like Xbox Game Pass.
- Experiments: A subset of Xbox Insiders may see some experimental features.
Hopefully these changes will roll out to everyone soon. We'll keep you posted as soon as we know more. If you're an Xbox Insider, which new features did you gain access to? Let us know.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.