PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) has received a new update for Xbox One, delivering a variety of improvements to the Xbox Game Preview release. Following recent patches that delivered promising gameplay changes and bug fixes, these new release notes show a continued effort to improve the game's console optimization.
Leading today's update are improvements to textures, vehicle profiles and other areas of optimization, promising a performance boost on Xbox One. Following this update, gains can be expected in frame rate and stability – an aspect of PUBG criticized in the past.
Improvements have also been made across the game's user interface, with a clearer inventory layout and navigation. These changes will make it easier to manage your inventory on the fly during heated gunfights. A counter has also been added to the initial drop, counting the number of players remaining on the plane.
The latest PUBG Xbox One update began rolling out at 4 a.m. ET (8 a.m. UK time), with servers offline for 30 minutes. Players may now be prompted to download the mandatory update. For a full in-depth breakdown of the update, take a look at complete changelog posted to the PUBG Xbox One forums:
The servers will be in maintenance from 9PM KST / 1AM PDT / 9AM CET in preparation for the new patch. Maintenance will take about 30 minutes.
Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments - players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
- A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
- Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly
For a better idea of what's next for PUBG on Xbox One, make sure to check out the game's roadmap, which outlines upcoming fixes and content expected in the coming months.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.