It's been nearly a month since PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) last received an update on Xbox One, marking the first significant gap in updates since the game's console debut late last year. While still behind the PC experience, the game's developer has delivered regular tweaks to the Xbox One version under the Xbox Game Preview program. PUBG has now received its ninth major update with a variety of changes and bug fixes.
The biggest change with this update is a new spawning system, as previously implemented into the PC version. Now, players spawn across a variety of starting locations, reducing system stress in the opening minutes of gameplay. This moves the opening minutes away from the infamous spawn island, which saw all 100 players packed into a single location.
Changes have also been made to Game DVR, providing an automatic solution for recording game highlights. Following the update, players will have the option of enabling this feature to automatically capture kills and other moments without stepping out of the action.
This update also delivers a variety of minor tweaks and bug fixes, including further vehicle balancing, sound effect changes, and matchmaking refinements. Here's a complete list of all the changes, as posted to the game's official forums.
This patch will be live at 6PM KST / 1AM PST / 10AM CET today.
Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player's MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
- Updated the design of the energy drink
- Fixed water sound effects
- Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
- Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
- Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
- Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
- Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
- Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
- Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
- Fixed buildings with missing stairs
- Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
- Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
- Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
- Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
- Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
- Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
- Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
Optimization / Stability
- Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
- Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
- Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
- Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
- Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
- Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
- Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
- Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting
- B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
- When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.
With the patch already available, players will be forced to download an update before starting PUBG on Xbox One. After installing, all changes in the above changelog will be applied.
What do you think of today's changes? Make sure to drop into the comments with your thoughts.
Sounds good. Hopefully it performs well.
Yes, as wellas no more "Oh God, I just wet myself!" shotgun noises coming from the boat. Fingers crossed!
Does it adjust the fact the game sucks balls because of God awful frame rate?
Excitedley I fired up PUBG yesterday after the update hoping that the several gigs I downloaded would finally make this game viable on XBOX but sadly the framerate is even worse. I play this on PC and enjoy it a lot and really hope they can fix the XBOX One performance issues so I can enjoy it with my XBOX friends.
Wish this update had the new map.
A lot of people's screen are too zoomed in and you can't see your marker on your compass and or the color of your teammates. Please fix this, it's a pretty big common problem. The game does feel better tho. But I believe you should make each map downloadable if they aren' already to reduce lag.
Played a few rounds last night. First one, building a hadn't rendered by the time I landed. Second time, it was almost loaded right after I landed. Frame rate was choppy at first while in the plane then smoothed out. Managed to kill a dude with a shotgun from a good distance away. Got a headshot on another guy running for the car I wanted using an m16 with a red dot (I think it was an m16, looted it off previous kill with shotty). I'm playing on an OG One by the way.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.