The Xbox One Summer Update has rolled out to the public, but those of you in the Xbox One Preview still have new builds to look forward to.
This latest update, set to arrive at 6 PM PDT and 1 AM GMT brings some fixes to payments, USB keyboards on the Xbox One S and repairs an issue with Party Chat while using Kinect.
As usual, to force this update go to All Settings, then System, then select Console Info & Updates. As noted by the official Xbox Forums (opens in new tab), the full details are as follows:
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160730-2312
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/1 (1:00 AM GMT 2/8)
Payments & Billing
- When adding a new payment method, the "View terms" button should now function correctly.
- Resolved an issue which caused the Xbox One S to fail to recognize USB keyboards after powering on.
- Resolved an issue which could cause party chat to crash when using the Kinect.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
My Games & Apps
- If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install).
- You may encounter an installation error (0x800700002) when attempting to install or update universal apps.
- Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app. If you have the app installed on both the internal hard drive and an external hard drive, be sure to uninstall from both.
- If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
We're still waiting for Microsoft Groove UWP to break cover, which is slated to enter Xbox One Preview any day now. For more coverage on the Xbox One Preview and the Xbox One Summer Update. , check out the links below.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
still waiting for the Pandora uwp app to launch on xbox one in the US
Same Posted via the Windows Central App for Symbian
Seems smoother, Groove finally updated to play background music. DLNA/Server background music support is needed now.
Got the new update, AND the new Groove app is working. I'm not ******** you.
All 3 of my Xbox's reset to factory defaults after an update today. Wtf?
Hmm, I've seen a few reports of this happening. Sorry dude!
My brand new 2 TB S arrived today, :)
I could do with preview program on my Xbox can someone send me the link?
Such an awesome game, I have to get around to finishing it.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.