New Yakuza: Like a Dragon trailer reveals next-gen features
Upgrades include next-gen crustracean A.I.
What you need to know
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be one of the first titles released with the Xbox Series X.
- A new trailer promises near-instant load times for the open-world game.
- The game is also available for the Xbox One and PC.
SEGA Europe released a new trailer showing off the next-gen features for Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which is releasing alongside the Xbox Series X, and true to the spirit of the franchise it's extremely silly.
The big promise is that there will be almost no load times for the open-world RPG and the impressive visuals you'd expect from the new console. But as soaring music plays, the trailer also promises "immersive roleplaying" while showing grown men dressed as babies and "next-gen crustacean A.I." in the form of a glowing lobster attacking a diver.
The game follows Ichiban Kasuga, a low-ranking yakuza members trying to put his life back together after being released from prison. He'll team up with a rogue cop, a homeless ex-nurse, and a determined hostess for a quest that apparently involves dog Snapchat filters, encounters with mascots, guys with spiked balls for hands, questionable haircuts, and jubilant celebrations. It all looks great and very weird.
Yakuza Like a Dragon releases on Nov. 10 for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. It can be played across the Xbox One and the next-gen console via Smart Delivery. If you want to play it on the PS5, you'll have to wait until March 2021.
Like an anime
Against the underworld
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a rare turn-based AAA JRPG well-worth keeping on your radar for the launch of the Xbox Series X on November 11.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.