Chris Finlay, web developer at PokerStars, has created something special for those Windows Phone users who are avid Facebook fans. The Timeline cover photo is a perfect way to show off some interesting photos, but why don't we take it a step further with a personalised "I love Windows Phone" graphic?
Finlay has provided the tools and means to do just that, should you have the right software for the job of course. We've got a .PSD template, which will enable anyone (regardless of photo editing skills) to create an images similar to the above. So how do you go about achieving the above result?
- Download the .PSD template (we'll use Photoshop as the software of choice for this walkthrough).
- Edit the network placeholder text and add your own image for the "Pictures" tile, using the red rectangle as a guide for dimensions.
- Change / personalise other aspects of the template as you see fit.
- Hide the "Guides" group to remove Facebook template and disable the guide lines (View > Show > Guides).
- Select "cover" from the Load Selection dialogue (Select > Load Selection).
- "Copy Merged" (Edit > Copy Merged) and then paste into a new document.
- Save and upload to Facebook.
Remember that this is just a template, only your imagination is the limit. Take the design and add your own touches. Do let us know in the comments should you take a few minutes to create your own cover photo to further promote Windows Phone. As for Chris Finlay, be sure to follow him on Twitter.
Thanks Chris for sending in the .PSD!
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
HP devices are facing BSOD and boot loops, but HP appears to have a fix
HP users saw some serious issues with PCs over the weekend, including the Blue Screen of Death and boot loops. Now, an update from HP might fix the issue.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Add some protection to your laptop with one of these ace sleeves
A sleeve sits somewhere between a case and bag when it comes to protecting your laptop. We've rounded up a bunch of the best options based on use and device size.