Chris Finlay, web developer at PokerStars, has created something special for those Windows Phone users who are avid Facebook fans. The Timeline cover photo is a perfect way to show off some interesting photos, but why don't we take it a step further with a personalised "I love Windows Phone" graphic?
Finlay has provided the tools and means to do just that, should you have the right software for the job of course. We've got a .PSD template, which will enable anyone (regardless of photo editing skills) to create an images similar to the above. So how do you go about achieving the above result?
- Download the .PSD template (we'll use Photoshop as the software of choice for this walkthrough).
- Edit the network placeholder text and add your own image for the "Pictures" tile, using the red rectangle as a guide for dimensions.
- Change / personalise other aspects of the template as you see fit.
- Hide the "Guides" group to remove Facebook template and disable the guide lines (View > Show > Guides).
- Select "cover" from the Load Selection dialogue (Select > Load Selection).
- "Copy Merged" (Edit > Copy Merged) and then paste into a new document.
- Save and upload to Facebook.
Remember that this is just a template, only your imagination is the limit. Take the design and add your own touches. Do let us know in the comments should you take a few minutes to create your own cover photo to further promote Windows Phone. As for Chris Finlay, be sure to follow him on Twitter.
Thanks Chris for sending in the .PSD!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: HyperX Cloud II Wireless cord-cuts on its beloved gaming headset
Kingston, the company behind HyperX, has a new edition of its famed Cloud II headset. The Cloud II Wireless takes the same brilliant design and audio production to a 2.4GHz wireless realm. Usable on PC, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch, it's an outstanding wireless option for those who want hours of comfort.
Microsoft's cloud will power CES 2021
CES is going all-digital next year, and it's tapping Microsoft to power the experience. Microsoft and CTA announced today that Microsoft services like Teams, Azure, and Power Platform will all be used to put together next year's show.
Xbox Smart Delivery Games List
The full list of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S titles committed to Smart Delivery support, and other free visual upgrade offers headed into next-generation consoles.
11 Prime Day deals our writers and editors actually bought
At Windows Central, we are tech snobs, and we know a good deal when we see one. These are Prime Day deals that sucked us in.