What you need to know
- Razer is announcing RazerCon - an annual celebration of gaming.
- RazerCon 202 is free and takes place on October 10th.
- Live concerts, giveaways, product reveals, and game previews are all on tap for the live event.
Back in the day (read 2019), it was common to have meetups or even full-blown conferences in person. So, it's of little surprise that Razer, one of the most recognized brands in PC gaming (who also has a very dedicated fanbase) would launch a similar "-con" celebration that is also online only.
RazerCon is a proposed "a full-day digital event produced by Razer and its network of hardware and software partners" that takes place on Saturday, October 10th, and livestreamed across Razer's major social network channels, including Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
What does a Razer convention entail? There will "exclusive reveals" of new Razer products, previews of upcoming video games, and how about a few live performances from Sabaton, and DragonForce.
Razer provided some more detailed bullet points of the RazerCon plan, including:
- Global mixed reality keynote by Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan, hosted against the iconic Singapore skyline
- The world's first RGB lighting-reactive livestream
- Razer panels held by product managers, showcasing new and unannounced products and discussing design and technology
- Exclusive content showcases from multiple game studios such as Romero Games, Perfect World, Paradox Interactive and technology partners such as Intel, NVIDIA, and Western Digital
- Appearances from gaming celebrities, including an audience meet and greet session with CloakZy and CourageJD, a RazerStreamer panel with PaladinAmber, and many more
- Concerts by top EDM artists, and metal concert headlined by Sabaton and Herman Li of DragonForce with special guests Tosin Abasi (Animals As Leaders) & Tim Henson (Polyphia)
There's also the usual stuff like contests, content, and giveaways for things like Razer's new Blade 15 laptop, and accessories from partners of Razer like Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Western Digital WD_BLACK, ASRock, Paradox Interactive, Perfect World Entertainment, Capcom.
As to why a RazerCon now, Min-Liang Tan, founder, and CEO at Razer, remarked:
Min-Liang will kick off RazerCon by showcasing "Razer's latest products, services, and announcements during a live, virtual keynote presentation set against the iconic Singapore skyline."
And yes, what's a Razer product (or event) without Chroma RGB lighting?
Overall, it sounds like a lot of fun to what is mostly a lousy year. RazerCon 2020 takes place Saturday, October 10th, starting with the Razer CEO Keynote at 9 AM PST (12 PM EST). You can find more information at www.razer.com/razercon (opens in new tab).
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been here covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics and ran the projectors at movie theaters, which has done absolutely nothing for his career.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.