After launching a closed alpha test earlier this year, developer Hi-Rez Studios has started the closed beta test on the Xbox One for their popular PC fantasy MOBA game SMITE.
Anyone who participated in the closed alpha can also check out the game in closed beta. Everyone else can sign-up to be picked for the beta test at the official SMITE website. While the game is free-to-play, Hi-Rez is offering anyone a way to instantly gain access to the closed beta with the $30 Founders Pack. It also includes access to every god character in the game, plus access to any future gods. The Founders Pack will not be available after SMITE officially launches for the Xbox One, which will happen sometime later in 2015.
Here's a quick rundown of SMITE
- ENTER THE ACTION - Unlike other MOBAs, SMITE takes you directly into the action with a third-person perspective, letting you see the battle from an up-close-and-personal point of view. From blind-side ambushes to eagle-eyed aimed shots, a new universe of strategic possibilities awaits.
- RISE AS A GOD - Thor, Kali, Ra, Zeus, Sun Wukong and many, many more--choose from over 60 playable Gods, and blast your foes with legendary weapons, earth-shattering powers and unique strategies.
- JOIN THE GLOBAL PHENOMENON - With leagues and ladders for every level of play, SMITE's burgeoning eSports community has room for everyone, whether you're new to the game, or competing in front of a global audience at the annual SMITE World Championship.
- TACTICAL GAMEPLAY - Master your godlike abilities to fulfill key roles such as damage dealer, tank, crowd control and support. Explore the map and defeat enemy NPCs for increased gold and buffs that help both you and your allies. Then deny your opponents victory with perfectly executed ambushes and teamwork.
- POWER UP - Within a single match, your God levels from 1 to 20, strengthening your abilities with each step. You can purchase in-game items and consumables to benefit your God and complement your personal play style, buffing your magical power, physical power, defense or utility as you see fit.
- CALCULATED STRIKES Every attack in SMITE is a skill shot that you control. Ranged attacks must be carefully aimed, melee attacks properly positioned and Area of Effect damage targeted precisely. Predict your enemies' movements and hit your mark for maximum impact in fast-paced combat.
- FREE-TO-PLAY - Everything affecting gameplay in SMITE can be earned by simply playing the game. Players have access to an initial set of playable Gods for free, while additional Gods can be unlocked steadily through gameplay time or more quickly through micro-transactions. Cosmetic skins can also be purchased for further customization.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Microsoft’s ‘Project Latte’ aims to bring Android apps to Windows 10
Microsoft is working on a software solution that would allow app developers to bring their Android apps to Windows 10 with little to no code changes by packaging them as an MSIX and allowing developers to submit them to the Microsoft Store. The project is codenamed 'Latte' and I'm told it could show up as soon as next year.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.