Nowadays, it feels like Steam doesn't go more than a month without running some sort of major sale. That rings particularly true as we approach the end of the year, as Steam has just kicked off its annual Winter Sale just under a month after ending a similarly large Autumn sale in November.
The Steam Winter Sale essentially has become a ritual event for PC gamers at this point, and it's not hard to see why: An absolute boatload of games are up for grabs at pretty hefty discounts. Those range from smaller titles like Life is Strange: Before the Storm at 30 percent off, to major triple-A games like Middle-earth: Shadow of War, also at a 30 percent discount. Even older gems, such as Grand Theft Auto Vice City, can be picked up for substantial discounts.
There's far too much in the full sale, but here's a look at some of the highlights.
- Elite Dangerous - $7.49 (75 percent off)
- Styx: Shards of Darkness - $15.99 (60 percent off)
- Prey - $19.99 (50 percent off)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War - $41.99 (30 percent off)
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - $22.49 (25 percent off)
- Rainbow Six Siege - $8.99 (40 percent off)
- Mega Man Legacy Collection - $5.99 (60 percent off)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition - $19.99 (60 percent off)
- Dark Souls III - $14.99 (75 percent off)
- Stardew Valley - $9.99 (33 percent off)
If Steam's list of sales isn't doing anything for you, it's worth noting that EA is also currently offering a number of discounts on games like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Titanfall with its own annual holiday sale on Origin. For more, you can see the full list of game deals at each storefront.
Have you spotted anything that strikes your fancy? Let us know what you plan to pick up in the comments.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.