Microsoft has started testing another major update to the Sticky Notes app. Ticking up to version 3.6, the latest update is available to Windows Insiders enrolled in the Skip Ahead ring on build 18855 or newer.
This latest update's most prominent new feature is the ability to add images to your sticky notes. Version 3.6 also includes multi-desktop support, speed improvements, and a helping of bug fixes and performance tweaks. Here's the official rundown of what's new:
- Add images to your Sticky Notes. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Improved speed and added icons to the context menu when selecting text.
- Many more bug fixes and improvements.
- Multi-desktop support is finally here. Stick your notes wherever your work takes you.
- Select specific notes with the taskbar or with Alt + Tab and Win + Tab. But do not worry, Ctrl + Tab still is there for you to only switch between your Sticky Notes.
If you're a Skip Ahead Windows Insider and have build 18855 or newer installed on your PC, you can grab Sticky Notes version 3.6 via the Microsoft Store now.
See at Microsoft (opens in new tab)
Weren't the last two points already there in fast with version 3.5? I can't wait to get those on production builds.
Can those images be annotated when pasted on the sticky note? Still missing an option to send the sticky note to another user. When sent the sticky note would appear on his/her screen. I think that would refelect a more real world mirroring of how I use an actual paper sticky note when I stick it as a memo on a collegues computer or fridge etc.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.