Turtle Beach announces new Stealth 600 and 700 Gen 2 wireless gaming headsets for Xbox Series X and PS5
What you need to know
- Turtle Beach has revealed the sequels to their popular Stealth 600 and 700 wireless gaming headsets.
- The new headsets promise increased durability, comfort, battery life, and superior audio quality to their predecessors.
- The headsets work with current generation consoles, but are also compatible with the upcoming next-gen consoles.
- The Playstation Stealth 600 will be available starting August 16, with the other headsets following on September 20.
Turtle Beach announced a handful of brand-new wireless gaming headsets todays, including follow-ups to their popular Stealth 600 and Stealth 700 headsets. The new headsets feature a larger, flip-to-mute microphones, a more durable construction, and the promise of better sounding audio, and they'll land at the same starting price as their already great predeccessors.
The Stealth 600 Gen 2 has refined audio, reinforced hinges and headband, and a new flip-to-mute mic, while the Stealth 700 ups the ante considerably with an even more premium design, better durability, and massively improved battery life (rated at 20 hours). Both headsets are compatible with both Xbox and Playstation consoles, and are also compatible with the upcoming Xbox Series X and Playstation 5.
In the case of the Xbox-branded headsets, you can also use them with PC as long as you have the Xbox Wireless Adapter or your computer supports that standard (like with the Surface Book 3).
The Playstation Stealth 600 Gen 2 is available right now from Turtle Beach's website for a starting price of $100, while the Xbox version will be available on September 20, 2020. All variants of the Stealth 700 will be available on September 20, 2020 at a starting price of $150.
Better in every way.
Turtle Beach is entering the next-gen swinging, with substantial improvements across the board promised in the Stealth 700 Gen 2 headsets, and the exact same starting price to sweeten the pot. Available for pre-order now, with the full release on September 20, 2020.
Wireless on a budget
Improvements where it counts.
The Stealth 600 Gen 1 were already great headsets, and Turtle Beach is making them even better with improved audio, a better mic, and a sturdier construction to improve performance. Available right now for Playstation, with an Xbox release later, you can't go wrong with these if you need wireless on a budget.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.