Assassin's Creed Origins' post-launch content adds a Horde Mode, story expansions
Are you curious about the Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass? What missions and other goods does it hold? Well, today Ubisoft revealed details of the game's post-launch content.
The good news is that aside from the missions available to season pass holders, there will also be a lot of free content anyone can enjoy. There will be several hours of new storyline expansions and quests, timed events, and customization items.
The Assassin's Creed Origins Season Pass features:
- Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: These packs include new items and are expected to launch in November 2017. You also get Helix Credits and a rare weapon if you purchase the Season Pass.
- The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players to a point years after the events of Assassin's Creed Origins, as they clash with the occupying Roman force of a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character stronger. This first piece of content is expected by January 2018.
- The Curse of the Pharaohs: This story-driven expansion focuses on Egyptian mythology. Players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a mystical realm. During the journey, you have to battle legendary beasts and investigate what has brought the mummified pharaohs back from the dead. Sounds like The Mummy Returns, no? Well, The Curse of the Pharaohs is expected to launch in March 2018 and will further increase the level cap.
Now that we've talked about the Season Pass, let's focus on the free content everyone will enjoy. The free content is as follows:
- Nomad's Bazaar: At launch, a wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete to earn mysterious, exotic rewards. It seems as though Ubisoft has adopted the Destiny approach to keeping players engaged.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the land by taking in-game pictures. This is rather self-explanatory because many games have this mode nowadays.
- Trials of the Gods: Trials of the Gods is a mode which focuses on epic boss battles against Egyptian deities that take place during special timed events. You win quality gear if you're victorious. According to Ubisoft, the first Trial of the Gods event will be available a few weeks after launch.
- Horde Mode: This is the same as the Horde Mode in Gears of War 4. Players fight endless waves of enemies in an arena. You'll have to wait a bit for Horde Mode because it's coming in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: We covered this mode a few days ago, but Discovery Tour teaches you about Egypt. This educational mode turns Assassin's Creed Origins into a living museum. There are also tours curated by actual historians and experts. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit for this too because it's coming in early 2018.
Assassin's Creed Origins launches on October 27, 2017, for Xbox One, Windows PC, and PlayStation 4. The title is also going to get 4K support on Xbox One X and is touted as the "most beautiful version of the game". Ubisoft wanted Assassin's Creed Origins to be a brand-new vision for the franchise. It turns the game into a proper role-playing experience where you collect loot through encounters and can customize your character in a wide variety of ways. Be sure to keep an eye on the game and our review towards the end of this month.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.