Untappd for Windows Phone teased on Instagram
Beer has had quit the resurgence for smaller breweries the past few years. Different apps and services have sprung up to connect fans of craft beers with each other. Untappd is arguably one of the more popular social networks for the beer aficionado. We first reported it coming to Windows Phone back at the end of January, and now a little teaser on Untappd's Instagram shows the app might be coming any day now.
The teaser image shows off a blurred Windows Phone device running Untappd with the caption “Coming soon…”
So what is Untapped? A social network for beer that you’ll be joining soon if you haven’t already. If the app is anything like its iOS or Android counterparts you’ll probably be looking to the following features:
- Easily discover new beers and bars near your location
- See where you’re friends are drinking and meet up with them
- Personalized beer recommendations based on the tastes of you and your friends
- Find where you can get a specific beer nearby
- Share ratings, reviews and photos of your favorite beers with your friends
- Post your activity and photos to your Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare
- Create a wish list of beers you want to try in the future
- Unlock a variety of badges for trying different styles and places
We’ll of course let you know when it hits the Windows Phone Store. In the meantime, check out Beer Suggestions or RateYourBeer from our very own Jay Bennett.
Thanks for the tip, Karl C!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.