The world of the Viking-themed survival game Valheim is full of threats and hazards and one of the best ways to prepare for its dangers is to prepare different types of mead. Whether you need to shrug off the cold, improve your resistance to poison damage, or increase your stamina regeneration, there's a mead you can make that will help you do so. Here's a detailed Valheim mead overview, including what you'll need to make it, how to do so, and what each recipe is.
Valheim mead guide: All mead recipes and ingredients
There are a total of eight different mead recipes you can make in Valheim, and each one has a different effect on your character. Here's a look at what each recipe does as well as what you need to make them.
- Tasty mead: This mead raises your stamina regeneration by 300% but cuts your health regeneration down by 50%. This makes it valuable in situations where being able to roll or block is more important than tanking hits with your health. The mead's effect lasts 10 seconds. You can make it with 10x Honey, 10x Raspberries, and 5x Blueberries.
- Poison resistance mead: This mead significantly improves your resistance to poison damage, making it very valuable when exploring the Swamp biome. For 10 minutes after you drink it, poison damage you take will be reduced by half. Making this mead requires 10x Honey, 5x Thistle, 1x Neck Tail, and 10x Coal.
- Frost resistance mead: You'll likely need this mead to start exploring the Mountains biome initially, as you'll need to gather some wolf pelts and silver before you can make clothing that keeps you warm permanently. It lasts for 10 minutes and can be crafted with 10x Honey, 5x Thistle, 2x Bloodbag, and 1x Greydwarf Eye.
- Fire resistance wine: This special wine gives you 10 minutes of resistance to fire damage, reducing all fire damage by 50%. It requires 10x Barley and 10x Cloudberries.
- Minor healing mead: This basic health potion heals you for 50 health, making it great for recovering from heavy damage quickly. Brewing it requires 10x Honey, 5x Blueberries, 10x Raspberries, and 1x Dandelion.
- Medium healing mead: If you'd prefer a stronger burst of healing, this medium health potion is capable of healing 75 health over the course of two minutes. It requires 10x Honey, 4x Bloodbag, 10x Raspberries, and 1x Dandelion.
- Minor stamina mead: This mead replenishes 80 units of stamina in two minutes, making it a great way to boost your stamina recovery in battle for a short time. It requires 10x Honey, 10x Raspberries, and 10x Yellow Mushroom.
- Medium stamina mead: For the toughest of battles, this mead provides a hefty 160 stamina replenished over the course of two minutes. You can make it with 10x Honey, 10x Cloudberries, and 10x Yellow Mushroom.
Valheim mead guide: How to make mead
Before you can make mead, you need to create a couple of crafting stations to use for its preparation. Here's what you'll need:
- A Cauldron (10x Tin) placed over a campfire
- A Fermenter (30x Fine Wood, 5x Bronze, 10x Resin)
Once you've built these, you can get started. Assuming you've got the ingredients for a mead recipe, you can start by creating its mead base at your cauldron. Once you've made it, take the base over to your fermenter and allow the mead base to start fermenting. You'll need to wait two in-game days for the mead base to finish fermenting. Once the required time has passed, go back to the fermenter and activate it to obtain the finished mead. Each mead base will yield six drinkable mead, so keep this in mind when planning out your inventory.
Do you have any other questions related to Valheim's mead consumables? Let us know in the comments, and we'll be happy to answer any you have.
Valheim is available now for $20 on Windows 10 PCs through Steam Early Access. We highly recommend playing it, as it's easily one of the best survival games for PC available. If you do decide to get the game, check out our comprehensive beginner's guide to your first days and beyond for some helpful tips and suggestions.