What you need to know
- An update for Microsoft Edge is rolling out to Insiders in the Dev channel.
- The update completes the rollout of vertical tab support.
- The update also includes several other new features, including more options for auto filling information.
Microsoft recently rolled out an update to Edge Insiders in the Dev channel. The update brings the browser to build 89.0;767.0 and includes several new features. The biggest change in the build is the completed rollout of vertical tabs, which allows people to move their tabs from the top of the browser to the side.
The update also brings new options for auto filling information, adds the Share menu to websites installed as apps, and includes other changes. Here's the complete changelog as shared by Microsoft:
- Added the ability to save and autofill birthdays.
- Added the ability for autofill to read data such as addresses that have been copied to the clipboard and suggest them as potential autofill candidates when filling in the associated fields in a webpage.
- Added Share to the … menu in websites installed as apps.
- Finished rolling out Vertical Tabs.
- Added a management policy to control whether or not to Show Recommendations. Note that updates to documentation or administrative templates may not have occurred yet.
- Added a management policy to control Cloud Policy retrieval. Note that updates to documentation or administrative templates may not be available yet.
In addition to these added features, the update also includes several reliability improvements and fixes.
Download it now
A worthy browser.
The new Microsoft Edge runs on Chromium, supports popular extensions, and regularly gets new features from Microsoft.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.