Update, October 3, 2020 (12:50 pm CT): The final results are in, and the Glow Squid has officially emerged as the victor.
Update, October 3, 2020 (12:10 pm CT): The second and final poll is here on Minecraft's Twitter, with the Moobloom officially disqualified.
Update, October 3, 2020 (11:40 am CT): The first poll has opened up on Minecraft's Twitter, so go vote now!
Update, October 3, 2020 (10 am CT): Minecraft Live begins today, and we brought together all the relevant information about the mob vote into one place.
What you need to know
- Mojang Studios will host a Minecraft Live event on October 3, 2020, to talk about the future of Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons.
- During the event, Mojang Studios will also run a poll on the next mob they should add to Minecraft, with three options available.
- The three options are Moobloom, Icelogoer, and Glow Squid, with each getting its own teaser video throughout the week.
Minecraft Live is coming on October 3, 2020, and will give us a sneak peek into the future of Minecraft and Minecraft Dungeons, and everything we should expect as far as future content and updates are concerned. Ahead of the event, Mojang Studios has announced that they'll be running a poll during Minecraft Live to allow the fans to vote on the next mob to be added to Minecraft, which they've done in the past. This mob vote will have three different options, with all three options having already been revealed.
The three mobs available to vote during Minecraft Live will be:
- Iceologer. This hostile mob would perch itself on top of mountain tops, not unlike those that may be altered with a Mountain Update. The Iceologer would make mountains a more challenging and formidable place, by targeting players and lobbing ice shards at them.
- Moobloom. This passive mob has already made an appearance in Minecraft Earth, and would be a variant of the Mooshroom that we already know and love, except with flowers instead of fungi, and a fascination with bees instead of secluded islands in the middle of the ocean.
- Glow Squid. Another option that originally appeared in Minecraft Earth, the Glow Squid is very similar to the normal squid that's already present in Minecraft, but, you guessed it, glows. This squid would be passive, and wouldn't harm players, and generally prefers to stay away from other life. For this reason, and to make its glow more impressive, it stays in deeper, darker waters.
Mojang Studios says each mob will get their own teaser video, released over the next week ahead of Minecraft Live, to share more with players about the mobs in question. Personally, I'm rooting for the Iceologer to win the vote (especially since a mountain-themed update seems most likely in the future).
Which mob do you want to be added to Minecraft next? Let us know which one and why in the comments below!
Update, October 3, 2020 (10 am CT)—Minecraft Live is happening today, so here's everything you need for the mob vote
With Minecraft Live happening today, we collected all the relevant videos and information about the three mobs up for selection in today's mob vote, that way you can watch them all and choose which one you intend to vote for. Check the original post above for the new videos. If you're not sure how to watch Minecraft Live, we have a full guide on how, when, and where to watch Minecraft Live. We'll let you know the results of the mob vote as soon as we know what they are.
Update, October 3, 2020 (11:40 am CT)—Vote now for your favorite mob to be added to Minecraft in the future
The poll to vote for the next mob to be added to Minecraft is officially up, which you can find directly above this. Carefully consider your choices between the Iceologer, Moobloom, and Glow Squid, and cast your vote whenever you're certain!
Update, October 3, 2020 (12:10 pm CT)—Cast your vote in the second and final mob vote at Minecraft Live
The Moobloom was unfortunately disqualified in the first mob vote at Minecraft Live, but Minecraft fans can head to Minecraft's Twitter to participate in the second and final mob vote this year, which is down to the Glow Squid or Iceologer.
Update, October 3, 2020 (12:50 pm CT)—It's official: the Glow Squid has won the mob vote at Minecraft Live
After two polls and hundreds of thousands of votes, the results are in: the next mob to be added to Minecraft, and the victor of the mob vote, is the Glow Squid. While not quite what I was hoping for, I'm still incredibly excited to see what the Glow Squid brings to Minecraft when it debuts (hopefully as part of the Caves and Cliffs Update.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Should Halo Infinite get its rumored battle royale mode?
Recently, a rumor that Halo Infinite will have a battle royale mode surfaced. Would this be a good move for Microsoft and 343 Industries to make? Here's what we think.
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Review: Immortals Fenyx Rising a late Game of the Year contender
Immortals Fenyx Rising skyrocketed to the top of my Game of the Year list, and I think it's something a lot of people will really like.
Here are the best Minecraft Black Friday deals for $15 or less
If you're looking for great stocking stuffers or more affordable gifts, we dug around to find the best Minecraft Black Friday deals for $15 or less.