Windows Central 6: How Microsoft got its Groove back
The Windows Central Podcast is your weekly dose of everything Microsoft, from Windows 10 to Surface, Xbox, HoloLens and everything in between!
This week, Daniel Bader, Daniel Rubino and Michael Fisher talk about the latest rumored Surface devices, including a refresh of the Surface 3. Can Microsoft find a way to get a Core M processor into the new Surface 4? And does the Surface Book need a refresh in 2017?
Next, Windows 10 Anniversary Update is almost here, and Microsoft has begun the sign-off process for finalizing the code. What does that mean for the next few weeks of Insider builds, and for the future of Windows 10? They discuss.
And CNN has discontinued its aging Windows Phone app on July 18. Does that matter? The team discusses the future of Windows Phone apps in light of the Universal App strategy.
Finally, Your Groove is a great new feature coming to Microsoft Groove. Can Microsoft's expertise in Machine Learning and AI propel the company's music streaming service to new customers?
Help us make this show the best Microsoft podcast in the world. Tell your friends, share it on social media using the hashtag #wcpodcast, and give us a five-star rating wherever you download your podcasts! Thank you so much for listening!
- 3:35 - 17:20: Microsoft rumored to launch Surface hardware revisions this fall, new devices in 2017
- 17:20 - 38:00: Microsoft begins sign-off process for the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- 38:00 - 46:30: CNN is retiring its Windows Phone app on July 18
- 46:30 - 61:30: What's New in Groove: How to use Explore and Your Groove in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- 61:30 - 65:40: Surface Book stickers from Decal Girl
- 65:40 - 74:00: Why does Microsoft Garage publish so many apps on iOS but not Windows Mobile? - karan_jha92
- 74:00 - end: How do you decide to buy or build a desktop? I'm not a gamer, but I occasionally edit video - AraWagco
Subscribe to the podcast
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via: Windows Central app Windows 10 | Android
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
Make this show great by participating!
Send in your comments, questions, and feedback to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @WindowsCentral with hashtag #wcpodcast
- Or leave a comment below!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.