What you need to know
- Microsoft released the ISO files for Windows 10 build 19041.
- Windows Insiders can use these files to clean install the preview build.
- You can download the ISO files for 19041 from Microsoft (opens in new tab).
Microsoft today released the official ISO files for Windows 10 20H1 preview build 19041. Windows Insiders can download the ISO files to perform a clean install of the build on their PCs. The files are currently available to download directly from the Windows Insider site (opens in new tab) (via Neowin).
Windows 10 build 19041 hit the Fast ring in December. Here's a recap of the changes and know issues in 19041:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn't mean we're done…
- We fixed an issue resulting in an increased number of Insiders experiencing rollbacks (error code 0xc1900101) when upgrading to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in a crash when trying to log into a secondary account on your device.
- We fixed an issue when using the Japanese IME in certain Office apps that could result in the candidate window not appearing when using reconversion.
- We fixed an issue that could result in win32 apps experiencing an unexpected increase in CPU usage if left idle after having opened the Common File Dialog.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they're attached.
- We're looking into reports of the Optimize Drives Control Panel incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
- [ADDED] Narrator Home crashes when selecting "What's New" button in Narrator Home.
Microsoft is expected to launch the Windows 10 20H1 update for all this spring. If you want to grab the ISO files for yourself, you can download them now via the Windows Insider site (opens in new tab).
That's great news! If it's been confirmed that it's RTM, I understand that it should be safe to install on your main PC. I have an issue, though. Following the link, you can get the build from the fast or from the slow ring, and you need to choose. I'm presuming that it's the same build and that it doesn't matter. I'm an insider, but my PC isn't currently enrolled in the programme.
I have eventually enrolled my PC in the slow ring and rebooted it, but, once again, it's stuck in the validation process. Is it only me?
The same happens here ..
don't bother David & Lars
the MS servers are currently overloaded - too many people are trying to download these 19041 insider preview isos and the servers are either responding very slowly or not at all try again a few days from now
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.