Fast ring Windows Insiders on PC are now getting their second preview build of the week. Windows 10 preview build 16281 is now rolling out to Insiders on the Fast ring, bringing along a decent chunk of fixes to check out. Since work on the Fall Creators Update is wrapping up, there aren't any big new features to dive into, but fixes and polish are good nonetheless.
Here's a look at all of what's new in build 16281:
- We fixed an issue resulting in Train Simulator 2017 failing to launch on recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to tab into an open PDF in Microsoft Edge after interacting with the any of the Microsoft Edge window elements using mouse.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Defender Security Center app icon was missing in taskbar when the app was open, as well in Start's all apps list. You will also notice that the icon is now un-plated in the taskbar.
- We've made some adjustments to address an issue resulting in sudden and brief CPU spikes where you couldn't move your mouse. If you've encountered this, please try it in this new build and let us know if your experience has improved.
- We fixed an issue where minimized app windows on mixed-DPI monitor setups might end up drawing offscreen after your PC resumed from sleep.
- We fixed an issue where if you changed your display language preference to something other than the machine's default then any app which did not take an update while also getting the updated language resource package from the Store would end up continuing to display its tile in Start in that default language rather than the new language displayed within the app and other system UI.
Keep in mind that this is only for general Fast ring Insiders and not those on Skip Ahead. If you are on Skip Ahead, Microsoft flighted the first Redstone 4 build for testing earlier this week.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
They need the fix the screen flickering problem on laptops when the battery is below 50%
Downloading now. Also, it's a damn shame that I have to use a web browser to post this. All because the POS Windows 10 Desktop and mobile app no longer let's you post. Only in the forums are you able. I'm sure that they are aware of it, but obviously haven't addressed the issue since they don't give a crap.
I've had this problem for a while. Posting this from my Android phone ironically
Even Windows Central has bailed on the UWP app concept.
I'm hoping they fix what they broke. Build 16257 broke Visual Studio 2017 for me (https://rhop.me/2wrtSNH). The next build fixed it, and then when 16278 came, it broke again. Problem is that this time it's hard to tell where to point the finger, because I got 16278 the same day that Visual Studio Update 3.3 came, so it could be either of those that broke it. :/
I'm kind of bummed about this build. I have a Yoga 2 pro and last week I did the preceision touchpad driver install. It was working great. After the last build the touchpad stopped working, but the solution was to redo the precision driver install so when the touchpad did not work after this build was installed I did not worry too much I simply redid the precision driver install. Unfortuantely with this build the touchpad only works for 2 or 3 minutes after a restart. Hopefully somebody has a solution for this otherwise I mave need to downgrde to the official Lenovo drivers again,
This is a horrible build, Groove and Movies & TV don't find local stored files anymore. Reset the apps doesn't help. Also Feedback hub makes problems, freezes by sending a comment. Off topic: commenting on windowscentral app doesn't work for weeks now, and since few days also signing in is broken.
my be the install maybe a rest
Would fix also drivers many time have drivers old installed as new driver. Is camouflage. We cannot unknow but is camouflage like bad
At end fixing the language default but isnot default allways by like english and keyboard english . If is delete but appaer magically english default
Still the store doesn't work 🙁
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.