Fast ring Windows Insiders on PC are now getting their second preview build of the week. Windows 10 preview build 16281 is now rolling out to Insiders on the Fast ring, bringing along a decent chunk of fixes to check out. Since work on the Fall Creators Update is wrapping up, there aren't any big new features to dive into, but fixes and polish are good nonetheless.
Here's a look at all of what's new in build 16281:
- We fixed an issue resulting in Train Simulator 2017 failing to launch on recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to tab into an open PDF in Microsoft Edge after interacting with the any of the Microsoft Edge window elements using mouse.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Defender Security Center app icon was missing in taskbar when the app was open, as well in Start's all apps list. You will also notice that the icon is now un-plated in the taskbar.
- We've made some adjustments to address an issue resulting in sudden and brief CPU spikes where you couldn't move your mouse. If you've encountered this, please try it in this new build and let us know if your experience has improved.
- We fixed an issue where minimized app windows on mixed-DPI monitor setups might end up drawing offscreen after your PC resumed from sleep.
- We fixed an issue where if you changed your display language preference to something other than the machine's default then any app which did not take an update while also getting the updated language resource package from the Store would end up continuing to display its tile in Start in that default language rather than the new language displayed within the app and other system UI.
Keep in mind that this is only for general Fast ring Insiders and not those on Skip Ahead. If you are on Skip Ahead, Microsoft flighted the first Redstone 4 build for testing earlier this week.