Windows 10 preview build 19635 rolls out to Fast ring Insiders
The latest preview build of Windows 10 doesn't include any new features, focusing instead on fixes.
What you need to know
- Microsoft shipped Windows 10 preview build 19635 to Fast ring Insiders today.
- The build includes a fix that addresses a screen flashing issue on some devices.
- Insiders on the Fast ring can download this update now via Windows Update.
Just one day after releasing Windows 10 version 2004 to the general public, Microsoft rolled out a new preview build of Windows 10 to Fast ring Insiders. The release brings build 19635 and includes several fixes. The build doesn't have any big new features, in fact it has no new features at all. One of the fixes addresses a screen flashing issue on some devices and another fixes an issue that could cause cellular data to not work on some devices.
Here's a look at everything that's fixed in Windows 10 preview build 19635 as well as its known issues:
- We fixed an issue resulting in the apostrophes in the Location not available dialog, Mount File dialog, and File Explorer folder options text not being displayed correctly.
- We fixed an issue where the Work or School account > Allow Windows Search to provide… toggle under Search Settings could be unexpectedly disabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in cellular data not working on certain devices.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings crashing when changing display orientation or resolution.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing a large number of "Program Compatibility Assistant Service stopped working" critical events in Reliability Monitor.
- We fixed an issue that could result in constant display flashing on certain devices.
- We fixed an issue with the camera on certain devices showing unexpected artifacts.
- We're looking into an issue where some devices booting from eMMC storage may bugcheck when resuming from hibernate.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview build where in Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We're looking into reports that taskbar preview thumbnails aren't rendering consistently (showing a blank area).
The build is rolling out to Insiders on the Fast ring now. You can also check out Microsoft's full release notes for the preview build.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.