Windows 11 build 22523 is the final flight for Insiders in 2021
You can round out 2021 with one final Insider build of Windows 11.
What you need to know
- Microsoft just released Windows 11 build 22523 to Insiders in the Dev Channel
- The build is the final one that will ship to Insiders this year.
- ISOs for the build are available from Microsoft.
Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel have one last Insider build of Windows 11 to pick up in 2021. Microsoft just released Windows 11 build 22523 to Insiders in the Dev Channel. The update includes a few changes and a number of fixes.
As a special treat, Microsoft made ISOs available for the build on the same day that it started shipping the update. You can download ISOs for Windows 11 build 22523 from Microsoft. This build of Windows 11 is also available for Windows on ARM devices.
Here are the changes and improvements in Windows 11 build 22523:
- We have rolled out snap groups in ALT + TAB and Task View just like when you hover open apps on the taskbar, and you see them there, to all Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- When File Explorer is open to This PC, the add media server and (if appropriate) remove media server option is now available when you click the "…" in the command bar.
- As part of our ongoing effort to bring over settings from Control Panel into the Settings app:
- Links to Programs & Features in Control Panel will now open to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps.
- We're moving Uninstall Updates (for cumulative updates, etc.) from Control Panel to a new page in Settings under Settings > Windows Update > Update History.
You can read about all of the known issues and fixes in the build in Microsoft's blog post.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org (opens in new tab).
When you swipe with 4 fingers all the icons disappear and the background jumps around.
When you do the same with the keyboard, the nice smooth animation from windows 10 is gone.
Moving to applications overview (expose`) using swipe up is still not a 1 to 1 gesture like on all other operating systems.
All animations are still laggy and not running at a minimum of a buttery smooth 60fps.
Which is absolutely legit store and selling Microsoft genuine products with lifetime warranty.