What you need to know
- Microsoft just released Windows 11 build 22523 to Insiders in the Dev Channel
- The build is the final one that will ship to Insiders this year.
- ISOs for the build are available from Microsoft.
Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel have one last Insider build of Windows 11 to pick up in 2021. Microsoft just released Windows 11 build 22523 to Insiders in the Dev Channel. The update includes a few changes and a number of fixes.
As a special treat, Microsoft made ISOs available for the build on the same day that it started shipping the update. You can download ISOs for Windows 11 build 22523 from Microsoft. This build of Windows 11 is also available for Windows on ARM devices.
Here are the changes and improvements in Windows 11 build 22523:
- We have rolled out snap groups in ALT + TAB and Task View just like when you hover open apps on the taskbar, and you see them there, to all Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- When File Explorer is open to This PC, the add media server and (if appropriate) remove media server option is now available when you click the "…" in the command bar.
- As part of our ongoing effort to bring over settings from Control Panel into the Settings app:
- Links to Programs & Features in Control Panel will now open to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps.
- We're moving Uninstall Updates (for cumulative updates, etc.) from Control Panel to a new page in Settings under Settings > Windows Update > Update History.
You can read about all of the known issues and fixes in the build in Microsoft's blog post.