We're back for our post-Mobile World Congress catchup as well as covering all the week's news so far in Windows Phone. Join Jay Bennett and Daniel Rubino for another 90 minutes of chatter and answering your questions!
We're also joined this week by special guest Rob Greenlee, Content Manager, Podcasts at Microsoft for some Windows Phone info on the podcast front.
Stream the audio above or the HD video after the break or use our app, your pick.
- Stream with the Official WPCentral App
- Download it directly with this link
- Watch the HD video after the page break
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Windows Phone Central podcast, episode 157 for 06 March, 2013
The big stories
- We re-cap Mobile World Congress 2013 (opens in new tab)
- Other storage situation (opens in new tab)
- Windows Phone blue update: GDR2 (opens in new tab)
- #2insta, with love (opens in new tab)
- iPlayer is inbound (opens in new tab)
- New Twitter app released (opens in new tab)
- Glam me... please!
- Spider man, Spider man, playing soccer this week? (opens in new tab)
- Asphalt 7 (opens in new tab)
- Viber VOIP coming soon!
- Disqus exclusive (opens in new tab)
- SophieLens (opens in new tab)
- 7.8 tile update inbound
- Windows Phone 7 users can visit Hoth!
- Foxton's and the Lumia 820
- Interview: Marco Argenti, Nokia SVP of Developer and Marketplace division (opens in new tab)
- Blue will bring more frequent updates (opens in new tab)
- Comments from last time (opens in new tab)
- Live questions and comments
This has been a Mobile Nations podcast, go to Mobilenations.com (opens in new tab) for more great shows covering everything mobile, or head over to the WPCentral Forums (opens in new tab) if you'd like to get involved with our community in discussing more about Windows Phone news, devices and apps.
Thanks to the WPCentral Store (opens in new tab) for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org (opens in new tab) for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Daniel Rubino is the Executive Editor of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft here since 2007, back when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and arguing with people on the internet.
the smartest thing Nokia did is not announcing their new flagship phones ,
Samsung did this back when the Iphone 5 was launched they used an old product (relatively speaking) to compete with a totally new product and apperantly they won, (as even if the sales of the Iphone 5 were greater, Samsungs cool factor increased much better). Nokia should wait to crush that 13mp shooter in the S4 with the 3 soldiers it got for just this mission the 808/Lumia920/Lumia720 ... and then release a new beast or two that can be at least reletavily better specd to fight the s4 just a little bit .
I actually don't mind they wait for Windows Blue for such a beast.
Sounds like you guys know something about the next big Nokia device that we don't :P
Love the Spiderman game!
Thanks Jay for calling out MS on the custom URL podcast issue and pointing out its such a trivial feature to add
I looking forward for their next windows phone I hope they can compete with the android phones this time. buy instagram followers get more instagram followers
Hopefully they would buddy. It's a competition after all. Good luck to them! http://www.alphaeclipsesigns.com alphaeclipsesigns.com http://www.artisancabinet.com
like "how can i get followers on instagram try http://www.gramcentre.com get followers on instagram fast and free"
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.