We're back after a two-week hiatus. And for those who missed it, we did the podcast live. Fortunately, we got it on tape. Windows Mobile, ahoy!
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Top o' the news
- Welcome to Windows Phone 7, Dell -- it's darn good to see ya
- U.S. Cellular lands the Samsung Exec
- HP still committed to Windows Phone 7
- Microsoft reportedly kills Courier, which never was official anyway
- HTC HD Mini passes the FCC
- Sony accepting pre-orders for the Xperia X2a
- Microsoft Kin
- Voice Search comes to Google Maps
- New look at Office on Windows Phone 7 leaves us mostly swooning
- The Windows Phone 7 architecture: memory, customization, Live ID
- LG eXpo gets some custom ROM action, Windows Mobile 6.5.3
- Verizon FiOS DVR Manager comes to Windows Marketplace
- Sense 2.5 Mods: MaxManila and CoOkies
- ZuneHD cracked wide open, could be interesting for Windows Phone 7
- Zune HD gets Doom, becomes a man
- Windows Phone developer tools now work in final version of Visual Studio 2010
- Verizon Omnia software update released
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
sheesh thank u
Idea for next podcast?!: Your opinions on the T-mobile HTC HD2 and all the reported problems. The HD2 was greatly anticipated and released to a wondrous fanfare. Some weeks down the line a lot of people are complaining that it's a dog. Matt Miller wrote recently about his reasons for dumping it (http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/?p=3704&tag=col1;post-3704). XDA developers have a massive list of tweaks on their site suggesting it was released with more holes than a swiss cheese. Do Phil and Mal have any thoughts on this? Great tech podcast. As a Miserable Brit I like the irony and the irreverent tone. Other US podcasts are too earnest and wholesome for my palate.
Downloading podcasts in advance is also easier on battery life, as I only update the podcasts when I'm plugged in or about to be.
At least once in the last two weeks I took the HD2 I'd use it to press the power button to lock the screen and only to find I could not open the device (with a shift left or right). I had to pop the battery and return it to the times of day and age, you need to do in this modern world-class smartphone.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.