What you need to know
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is getting a content update on January 14.
- It adds new armor, modes, visuals, and more.
- You can take a look at the major changes below.
- You can purchase the expansion for $32 on Amazon.
Many months ago, Blizzard Entertainment launched the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth expansion for the popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). While it wasn't as great as past expansion launches, the steady stream of updates has made it a lot better. On January 14, another one is going to hit PC.
Get ready to fight against the madness of the Old God N'Zoth on January 14 in the "Visions of N'Zoth." This is apparently the final major content update for Battle for Azeroth. You can take a look at the major additions below.
- Quests: New quests will be added to the game with this content update.
- Races: The resourceful Vulpera and the industrious Mechagnomes will be joining the game. They come with unique mounts and other benefits just like the other races in the game.
- Leveling: As you level up and reach 120, you'll experience new challenges like the full might of the Old God N'Zoth. By defeating his lieutenants, you'll gain access to a new mode called "Horrific Visions."
- Horrific Visions: Just like the Vex Future Simulation in Destiny 2, Horrific Visions give you a glimpse into Old God N'Zoth's plans for the future of certain lands. Your sanity will be under attack and you'll have to leave before you go mad. However, repeating this activity will grant you new gear so you can withstand the Horrific Visions for longer.
- Raid: There's going to be an upcoming raid where you face off against Old God N'Zoth. You'll get incredibly powerful gear which features a "Corruption" bonus. Corruption can affect you in a number of negative ways so keep that in mind before using the gear.
- Heart of Azeroth: The Heart of Azeroth can be further upgraded now.
- Visuals: A player vs. player (PvP) area will get a visual overhaul with this update.
Other tweaks to the Auction House and an arcade addition to Darkmoon Faire will also be part of the download. There's so much coming that it's impossible to mention it all. More information about the PvP changes will be revealed at a later date. Are you excited for this update? Let us know. We sure are because it seems like Blizzard is giving players exactly what they wanted!
In Windows Central's review, Jez Corden wrote, "World of Warcraft remains one of the greatest MMORPGs, regardless, and the way Blizzard has been able to maintain the game at this level for all of these years is unprecedented. Battle for Azeroth is worth your time for the leveling experience and core dungeon-crawling gameplay alone, but the headline features that Blizzard advertised with this expansion fall flat."
The problems don't stop it being fun
Loot grinding, under-tuned skills, and broken leveling experience aside, World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth's raids and dungeons remain a ton of fun to experience with friends, especially if you're not new to the game.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.