The Xbox Central Podcast (formerly OneCast) is Windows Central's leading Xbox podcast, covering all things related to Microsoft's gaming platform. Hosted by Jez Corden and Matt Brown of our Xbox team, Xbox Central is the best place for industry analysis, exclusive scoops and hands-on impressions of today's latest titles. After a short break, the latest episode is now available through major podcast distribution services, taking a deeper dive into the Xbox One X's appeal and the current state of the Windows Store for gamers.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
- Xbox Central Podcast via Soundcloud (opens in new tab)
- Xbox Central Podcast via RSS (opens in new tab)
- Xbox Central Podcast via iTunes (opens in new tab)
- Xbox Central Podcast via Pocket Casts
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'Xbox Central'.
OneCast on Soundcloud
This week's hosts
This week's discussions
- 00:00:00 (opens in new tab) - Ghost Recon: Wildlands, This War of Mine and more
- 00:18:20 (opens in new tab) - Ultimate Game Sale deals
- 00:33:15 (opens in new tab) - Original Xbox backward compatibility
- 00:36:20 (opens in new tab) - Xbox One X appeal
- 00:53:40 (opens in new tab) - The current state of the Windows Store, and what's to come
Further reading on this week's topics
- Everything you need to know about Xbox One X
- 'Xbox One X Enhanced' games and what to expect: 4K, HDR, 60 FPS and more
- Hands-on with the Xbox One X at E3 2017 (video)
- The Windows 10 Store 'Games' section has seen a few (positive) changes
- List of original Xbox games that are backward compatible on Xbox One
Ask the Xbox Central crew!
Leave your topic suggestions in the comment section below, and we'll consider discussing them at the end of future shows!
Thanks for listening guys! Apologies for our absence in recent months. We're now back to a weekly schedule and after fixing some RSS issues (caused by a rogue emoji), we're on track! Make sure to let us know if you're interested in us discussing a certain topic!
Glad to have you back! There's a bit of noise bleed whenever you're speaking, like your audio may also be coming through Jez's mic. I had to pause several times to make sure my headphones weren't picking up interference.
Nearly deleted my subscription. Thought you'd quit. Switched to IGN UK's to hear brits talking xbox. Deleted after 2 minutes and about 20 utterances of the word F#!?! The yanks IGN is OK, prefer you fella's though!
Jez's concept for games in the Windows Store is a pretty smart strategy for developing it into a competitive platform. I hope Microsoft will listen to him.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.