Xbox Central Podcast Episode 36: Xbox One X appeal, Windows Store struggles, summer sales
Jez and Matt are back with a new episode of the Xbox Central Podcast, discussing the past week of Xbox One and Windows gaming news!
The Xbox Central Podcast (formerly OneCast) is Windows Central's leading Xbox podcast, covering all things related to Microsoft's gaming platform. Hosted by Jez Corden and Matt Brown of our Xbox team, Xbox Central is the best place for industry analysis, exclusive scoops and hands-on impressions of today's latest titles. After a short break, the latest episode is now available through major podcast distribution services, taking a deeper dive into the Xbox One X's appeal and the current state of the Windows Store for gamers.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
- Xbox Central Podcast via Soundcloud
- Xbox Central Podcast via RSS
- Xbox Central Podcast via iTunes
- Xbox Central Podcast via Pocket Casts
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'Xbox Central'.
OneCast on Soundcloud
This week's hosts
- Jez Corden / email@example.com
- Matt Brown / firstname.lastname@example.org
This week's discussions
- 00:00:00 - Ghost Recon: Wildlands, This War of Mine and more
- 00:18:20 - Ultimate Game Sale deals
- 00:33:15 - Original Xbox backward compatibility
- 00:36:20 - Xbox One X appeal
- 00:53:40 - The current state of the Windows Store, and what's to come
Further reading on this week's topics
- Everything you need to know about Xbox One X
- 'Xbox One X Enhanced' games and what to expect: 4K, HDR, 60 FPS and more
- Hands-on with the Xbox One X at E3 2017 (video)
- The Windows 10 Store 'Games' section has seen a few (positive) changes
- List of original Xbox games that are backward compatible on Xbox One
Ask the Xbox Central crew!
Leave your topic suggestions in the comment section below, and we'll consider discussing them at the end of future shows!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Matt Brown was formerly a Windows Central's Senior Editor, Xbox & PC, at Future. Following over seven years of professional consumer technology and gaming coverage, he’s focused on the world of Microsoft's gaming efforts. You can follow him on Twitter @mattjbrown.