What you need to know
- The November 2021 Xbox update for consoles is now available.
- This update rolls out the previously revealed accessibility tags for the store, allowing users to sort games by particular features.
- There's also new color filters, audio options and some general stability improvements when playing certain games.
The November 2021 Xbox update is here, as detailed by Microsoft on Wednesday, bringing a bevy of new features. As usual, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S owners will get the most out of this update but there are significant changes for everyone, including players still on Xbox One.
Here's a rundown of the features being added this month:
- New color filters. Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S owners now have additional color filters that can be applied, improving the accessibility options for anyone who needs them.
- New audio options. Players can now change their audio settings so that when they put on a headset, the TV volume is muted, meaning you don't have to change the volume separately.
- Accessibility tags. The previously discussed accessibility tags are now available, letting players search through the store and sort by various verified tags.
- Xbox controller update. A new controller firmware update gives Xbox One controllers (with Bluetooth support), the Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controllers and the Xbox Adaptive Controller the Dynamic Latency Input already available in the Xbox Series X|S controller.
- Xbox mobile app update. Players using the Xbox mobile app can now share links to screenshots or game captures.
While not technically part of this update, this also coincides with the full launch of Xbox Cloud Gaming on Xbox consoles, enabling players subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
I want to be able to buy games from the Xbox mobile app, is that so difficult?
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.