For those of you who use the Xbox One SmartGlass app for Windows Phone, or who like sending music and videos through WhatsApp, you will want to peep updates for both of those apps going live today.
Xbox One SmartGlass 18.104.22.168
- Bug Fixes
Not much in the way of detail for that update, but if you are not a fan of using the beta version of the app, this is the next best thing. Hopefully, it addresses any ongoing issues you may be experiencing.
WhatsApp Video Optimizer 22.214.171.124
- Added option to select output type ( Video / Audio Only )
- Added option to remove ads
About a week ago (February 23), this popular app hit version 1.2 and picked up the ability to send music in addition to videos through WhatsApp. We missed that one, so we'll cover it now. That changelog is more impressive
- Send music through Whatsapp
- Added option to choose output folder
- Added option to choose resolution
- Added option to choose max filesize (WeChat/Viber/Custom)
- Added option to choose video bitrate
- Added option to choose audio bitrate
- Bug fix (Crash when selecting videos)
In case you do not know, WhatsApp limits the size of the video you send through the messaging app. As a result, for those who shoot 4K videos on their Lumia Denim PureView cameras run into an issue with sharing. WhatsApp Video Optimizer solves this with presets for reducing the resolution. For instance, my 4K video at 13 seconds came in at 97 MB. This app reduced it to just 14 MB at 640x360 resolution, fitting under the 16 MB WhatsApp restriction.
Overall, WhatsApp Video Optimizer is shaping up to be a beautiful app for casual users. So make sure to give it a spin.
Thanks, Darrell S., and Abhishek G., for the tips!