E3 2018 was a major boost for Microsoft because the company announced the Xbox One X's successor and numerous studio acquisitions. Bringing that momentum forward, Xbox will also be present at Gamescom 2018. Gamescom is the largest game developer conference in the world and an incredibly popular event to discuss the future of the industry. Plenty of new experiences are announced that are a few years away. Today, Microsoft detailed its plans for the event. You can read about the major attractions below.
- Inside Xbox will host a special episode from the Xbox booth in Germany. You can watch it on August 21, 2018 at 10:30 AM EDT. New Xbox One bundles and accessories are expected to be announced during the show like the rumored "Spider" Elite Controller.
- Xbox FanFest will return to Gamescom on August 23. Ticket availability and a schedule for the event will be revealed soon.
- The Xbox booth will feature 25 games you can play if you're attending the event. Ticket sales will likely go to a gaming charity once again.
- Mixer will also have a heavy presence at the conference and you can expect coverage on the streaming service throughout the week.
- The Xbox Official Gear Shop is coming to Gamescom so fans can buy merchandise there. It'll operate the same hours as a traditional retail shop.
We'll keep you posted as soon as we know more details about Xbox FanFest. Hopefully Microsoft will announce the new controller and confirm the existence of the Fable reboot at Gamescom. What are you expecting? Let us know.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.