Fans of puzzle games like Candy Crush Saga might find something new to play with Gameloft's just-launched Ice Age Avalanche for Windows Phone. It's a free-to-play "match 3" puzzle game that's based on the popular animated movie series.
The game features the movie's main characters like Sid, the constantly talking sloth, Manny, the "ordinary guy" mammoth, Diego, the wise-cracking sabretooth tiger, and Scrat, the squirrel who just love to collect nuts. Here's what players can expect:
- In a new match-3 twist, slide fruit in any direction!
- Conquer puzzling challenges including Stockpile, Acorn Avalanche and Fruit Sculptor
- Use incredible boosters to turn any stage to slush!
- Experience an ALL-NEW, hilarious story featuring your favorite Ice Age characters
- Explore new lands including the Prehistoric Jungle, vast Grasslands and gargantuan Glacier
- Overcome obstacles by completing unique Scrat levels
- Compete against Ice Age characters in epic boss battles in a race to reach the treasure!
- Show your nice side and send gifts to other players...
- ...then beat them in real-time head-to-head ""snowdowns""!
- Rise to the top of the leaderboards!
- Participate in fun daily and weekly events!
Gameloft is launching the Windows Phone version of Ice Age Avalanche at the same time as the iOS and Android versions, which shows that the publisher is still a big support of Microsoft's mobile OS. The game is also compatible with 512MB devices. The game is slated to be released for Windows 8.1 but a link has yet to be published.