Microsoft has announced a new update to Groove Mousic for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring, including a detailed list of what you can expect in this latest version. One of the more notable highlights from this update, which brings the app up to version 3.6.2438.0, has to do with Cortana: if you have a Groove Music Pass subscription, Cortana will now play music by genre when you ask, even if your collection doesn't contain any music from that genre.
In addition, the update will make it easier to keep track of what you've been listening to. Recently played playlists from the "Your Groove" and "Explore" sections of the app will now show up in your "Recent plays."
Of course, the update also contains a few more odds and ends. Here's a quick rundown, from Microsoft:
- We added a bit more telemetry to the Cortana integration with Groove Music so that we can even better understand when she doesn't deliver on your requests related to music.
- We updated the app so that it automatically enters full screen mode on the console.
- We updated the Feedback Hub app so that it collects even better information about your collection when you submit feedback about the app.
- We updated the way the app looks for music on SD cards so that discovery is more reliable.
- We made changes to improve local playback…we heard your feedback on issues here.
Again, this update is only available for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring at the moment. However, if you are on the Fast ring and want to check out all of the new additions, you can grab the update from the Windows Store now.