NOAA Hi-Def Radar is now available on Windows Phone. This powerful app brings real-time high-definition animated weather radar images to your phone. This app comes from WeatherSphere, the team behind the popular Android and iOS app of the same name. With NOAA Hi-Def Radar, you're getting a beautiful and functional new weather app for Windows Phone.
Here's the list of features available in the initial release of NOAA Hi-Def Radar for Windows Phone:
- Install and go, no complex setup
- Sharp images
- Choose between Radar layer for rain or Cloud Coverage layer.
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Supports Portrait and Landscape modes
- Get fast support from within the app
Why NOAA Hi-Def Radar for Windows Phone? It has a few features that are unique. For example, this is the only app that allows you to control the loop speed and that automatically augments land-based radar images with the latest images from NOAA satellites.
Most of you don't need to know the weather beyond what you can learn in apps like MSN Weather. For those of you in areas with constantly changing weather NOAA Hi-Def is worth checking out on Windows Phone. There's no trial, but the app does work on 512 MB devices. Windows Phone weather aficionado? Let us know what you think of it after downloading and playing around.
Note: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is a scientific agency with the U.S. government. Therefore, this app is only useful for those in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
Thanks for the tip Daniel G!