In preparation for the July 24, 2018 Xbox One launch, 505 Games released a new trailer which highlights some of the major changes the title has received since its PlayStation 4 and PC release a few years ago. A complete list can be seen below.
- Regenerated universe allows each star system to have its own wealth and conflict levels.
- "Stargates" allow players to quick-travel to any planet.
- New terrain-generation algorithms create more interesting landscape.
- "Exocrafts" allow players to use rovers and other vehicles to traverse planets.
- Various game modes like "Creative", "Survival", and "Permadeath" have been added.
- Base building allows you to make you own structures, set up various facilities, and hire alien recruits.
- There are more missions and story options.
- Terrain manipulation lets you alter planets and reach areas that may have been inaccessible before.
- Crashed freighters offer great rewards when you explore them.
- Tighter space combat and smarter enemies.
- Massive interstellar freighters can be purchased and used as a mobile base.
It's great to see Hello Games correct the issues No Man's Sky had at launch and make it an even better game. Hopefully the multiplayer update will bring a lot of players back.
No Man's Sky is a science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, each orbited by planets filled with life, and you can go to any of them you choose. In this procedurally-generated universe, you'll discover places and creatures that no other player has seen before. However, a mystery lies at the center of the galaxy, an irresistible pulse that draws you on a voyage to discover the true nature of the universe.
According to the developer, your journey will be charged with danger, encountering hostile creatures and fierce pirates. In order to survive, you will need to prepare, upgrading your ship, suit and weapons. Whether you choose to fight, trade or explore has consequences, shaping your journey as you travel.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Minecraft Dungeons lead talks its next DLC and the future endgame
We talk Minecraft Dungeons’ recent Jungle Awakens DLC, the Creeping Winter expansion, and future endgame plans with game director, Måns Olson.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 showcasing the new Start menu
Yesterday, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 that includes an updated Start menu design with translucent Live Tiles, improvements to Notifications, and behavior changes to things like Tablet Mode and the Taskbar. It's been a while since Microsoft released a build with any surface-level changes, but now it's finally happened, we're back showcasing all the changes on video.