What you need to know
- SOS Click is an add-on for Microsoft Office that lets you save content to up to eight places at once.
- The add-on supports Google Drive, Dropbox, e-mail addresses, local hard drives, and more types of locations.
- SOS Click works with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Microsoft Office allows you to easily save files to different locations, but saving to multiple locations can take up time. If you need to save files to a couple of cloud services, or if you want to save files to the cloud, your PC, and a flash drive, you could end up clicking around quite a bit to save your files. SOS Click is an add-on for Microsoft Office that aims to streamline saving across multiple locations.
SOS Click works with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and it allows you to save to Google Drive, Dropbox, e-mail addresses, flash drives, and several other types of locations.
The add-on should make it easy to save files to a range of locations, which can come in handy. For example, you may want to keep local copies of files on your device while also updating the version in a folder you share through a cloud service.
Here are the features highlighted by the SOS website:
- Supports up to 8 different locations like: Local hard drives, flash drive, e-mail addresses, mapped network drives, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Built-in autosave function using specific time intervals
- Can automatically detect and point to your USB storage device/flash drive as well as your Dropbox installation
- Add-in settings can be shared so you don't have to configure them for each Office application separately
- Support Word, Excel and PowerPoint (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, 32 bit and 64 bit versions)
- No macro necessary, no programming skills needed
The makers of SOS Click answer some commonly asked questions, such as which versions of Office are supported, on their FAQ page. The add-on costs $10 through the SOS Click website.