What you need to know
- Control, the latest game from Remedy Entertainment, is a third-person shooter that mixes gunplay with strange powers.
- Remedy has identified several bugs and glitches in Control, as well as performance issues.
- In the Control September Update, these issues are being addressed. The patch is out now on PS4 and is coming to Xbox One and PC soon.
- Control is currently $50 on Amazon for Xbox One.
Control is the latest game from Remedy Entertainment and 505 Games. While it has garnered a positive reception, there have been reports of issues such as massive frame-rate problems and glitches where the map refuses to function properly. Remedy is addressing these issues and a September update for Control is out now for PlayStation 4 users, with the update rolling out on PC and Xbox One soon. Here's the full list of what's being addressed in the Control September update:
- Bug and crash fixes to missions, combat and overall game play
- Fixed multiple issues with the PC launcher related to DX11/DX12 crashes
- Improved title stability on all platforms
- Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content
- Improved map loading times (map will no longer tease information)
- Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu
- Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu
- Fixed incorrect UI behaviour on ultra-wide monitors (PC)
- Fixed multiple issues when incorrect subtitles are shown for multiple languages
- Fixed issue when the game centers the aim on Jesse's head
- Fixed multiple UI related issues
- Fixed an issue when player could not acquire 'Pierce Charging Efficiency' and 'Spin Grouping Efficiency' upgrade
- Fixed issue when Crafting Charge and personal Mods would not give the Weapon/Mod but take the materials (Sorry. The Board was greedy)
- Fixed issue that prevented players activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade
- Fixed issue when Jesse is unable to cleanse the 'Transit Corridor South' Control point upon returning from Prime Candidate Program area in the mission The Face of the Enemy
- Fixed an issue when Heptonstall would not spawn during certain story missions in the "Old Friends" side-mission (still looking for his buddy Remus)
- Fixed issue when Hiss Barrier remains in the Directorial Override mission's Control Room if the player dies during the binding cut scene
- Fixed issue when certain licensed music tracks play after enabling the 'Mute Copyrighted Tracks' option
- Fixed and issue when audio is out of sync in the Dr Darling videos (PS4)
- Fixed issue with the Charge weapon forms erroneous blast radius causing (way) too much visual damage to the environments
- Fixed an issue where game would stall when completing a story mission and unlocking a trophy (PS4)
This is a long list of fixes and should increase the quality of the experience when playing across the board.
The Oldest House
Control tasks players with entering the Oldest House as Jesse Faden, the new Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, managers of the unnverving and weird artifacts of the world.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here's everything we know (so far) about Star Wars: Squadrons
Star Wars: Squadrons is a dog-fighting game developed by EA Motive. Players join the New Republic or the remnants of the Empire and engage in vicious space battles. Here's what we know so far.
Review: Elgato's Wave 3 is a great first attempt at a condenser mic
The Elgato Wave 3 is one of two new microphones from Elgato, which aims to give streamers an affordable high-quality all-in-one condenser mic with impressive studio features on the side. Is it worth the asking price, though? Let's take a look (and listen.)
Review: F1 2020 is a polished racer for long-time fans and newcomers alike
In a turn of events in this crazy year we're having, the real-life F1 championship is making its debut in the same week as the official game. It's been months of nothing for fans of the sport and as we hit July it's time for all the racing action you can handle. F1 2020 is pretty damn good, but you knew that already. Here's what's cooking in this year's title.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.