What you need to know
- Xbox Game Pass is a monthly subscription service that gives you access to over 200 games.
- Recently, Microsoft announced a number of ID@Xbox games coming to the service.
- Today, the AAA offerings for part of October were revealed as well as departures.
- You can purchase Xbox Game Pass through Amazon (opens in new tab).
Xbox Game Pass is a monthly subscription service along the lines of Netflix. Just like the films and shows, certain games rotate in and out. In the next few weeks, a few titles will leave Xbox Game Pass to make room for new experiences. Today, Microsoft announced on the Xbox Game Pass iOS app, that a few smaller games were leaving the service.
- Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption
- Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition
- Resident Evil 5
Out of all of these, I think Dead Island: Riptide and Resident Evil 5 will be missed the most. While they weren't critical successes, they're still great action games to play through. Luckily, Dishonored 2, Fallout: New Vegas, and more AAA games are joining the service soon. Those should definitely make up for these departures.
Best of the best
It'll last you a couple of months
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
I might have a crack at Sinner but everything I know about that game tells me I will be terrible at it.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.