What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev just received its first update based on version 93.
- The update adds the "Share" option to the ellipsis menu for installed progressive web apps.
- Edge Dev on Mac also gained support for fingerprint authentication to view or autofill passwords.
Microsoft just rolled out an update to Edge Dev. It's the first build of Edge Dev to be based on version 93 and includes some new features for the browser on Windows 10 and macOS.
The update adds the option to use fingerprint authentication to view or autofill passwords on Macs. It also adds the "Share" option to the ellipsis menu for installed progressive web apps (PWAs).
Here's the complete changelog from Microsoft:
- Added a button on Mac that will directly appear on certain videos to let users enter Picture in Picture mode.
- Added the ability on Mac to use fingerprint authentication to allow viewing or autofilling a password.
- Added the Share option to the … menu in PWAs and websites installed as apps.
- Improved inking latency.
The feature appears to be rolling out to Edge Dev gradually. I don't see the new share option for installed PWAs at this time.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.