Bethesda Softworks has released the Fallout 4 1.5 update for PC owners of the post-apocalypse game via Steam. The update, which will be released for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions next week, adds the new Survival difficulty mode.
Survival is the highest difficulty mode created for Fallout 4, and changes the gameplay in many ways, such as enemies no longer showing up on a player's compass, eliminating Fast Travel, and more. It also adds support for the upcoming Far Harbor DLC pack, which will be released in May. Bethesda has posted what's new and what's fixed in the patch:
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
Irrelevant but I'm planning on updating my Nokia Lumia 920 to w10 preview. What are your suggestion should I do it or it's not worth it??
I think you should play Fallout 4.
Why dnt I get notification when sm1 reply to my comments???
On WP 8.1 central app
There should be a setting on your Pip-Boy.
You're the cancer killing phone communities
I wouldn't. Tried twice now and it was a disaster. Every update makes it a little worse with less working each time. Phone is so much more usable on 8.
Cant wait, is this ever coking to mobile?
Sure and the mobile port will have a 60fps framerate /s
You must be coking if you think that.
On survival mode why don't you just use the cannibal perk?
But seriously have they fix the vanishing companion bug. I know where they are now I just can't get there without using console commands which you can't on Xbox.
The lack of quick travel really makes the survival aspect a much needed improvement over the unmodded New Vegas.
Survival mode is going to be interesting to mess around with, but I can't wait for the mod support to come to console.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.