Forza Horizon 5 full map unveiled alongside new Toyota Supra
Let's Go! Episode 5 showed us the full map and the sleek new Toyota Supra.
What you need to know
- Forza Horizon 5 is the latest open-world racing game from Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios.
- On the road to release, the team is steadily showing new information and footage for Forza Horizon 5 in "Let's Go!" streams.
- Let's Go! Episode 5 just concluded, and featured a ton of new FH5 gameplay through new biomes in the 2020 Toyota Supra GR.
- The team also showed off the full Forza Horizon 5 map in all its glory, and it looks massive and chock full of features.
The long wait for Forza Horizon 5 is winding down at a frustratingly slow pace, but Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios are helping to pass the time with their Let's Go! streams. The latest episode of Let's Go! just concluded, and showcased a ton of new Forza Horizon 5 gameplay and lots of new details for players to sink their teeth into. Probably the most exciting facet of the new stream, however, was the reveal of FH5's full map, which you can view in all its glory right below.
The stream included lots of other information as well, building on top of what we've seen from earlier streams. The last episode of Let's Go! for Forza Horizon 5 featured lots of new gameplay through several of the biomes in FH5, and Let's Go! Episode 5 continued the trend by bringing players through the rocky coast, sandy desert, and living desert biome. What's more, we saw this gameplay behind the wheel of the 2020 Toyota Supra GR, which has been confirmed to be included in the Forza Horizon 5 car list from day one.
Forza Horizon 5 looks committed to topping our list of best Xbox racing games when it releases on Nov. 9, 2021 for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, and every Let's Go! stream only cements this possibility. FH5 will also be available through Xbox Game Pass day one on consoles and PC.
You can watch the full stream above, or get the quick rundown below. Here's what you need to know about the Forza Horizon 5 Let's Go! Episode 5 stream:
- The 2020 Toyota Supra GR is here. Forza Horizon 5 has confirmed that the hotly anticipated and much-requested Toyota Supra GR is in the game, and will be included from day one. No DLC, no obstacles. Every player will be able to obtain the sleek and powerful 2020 Toyota Supra GR.
- A peek at new body kits and upgrades. The FH5 team also showed off new visual upgrades in Forza Horizon 5, including new rims, wings, and even a widebody kit for the Toyota Supra, which looked pretty incredible.
- All Xbox Series X. The FH5 team also confirmed that everything they've shown off so far is on the Xbox Series X, showcasing just how much power Microsoft's new console really has at its disposal.
- Gameplay through three biomes. Taking control of the beautiful Toyota Supra, Let's Go! Episode 5 drove through three new biomes in Forza Horizon 5, including the rocky coast, sandy desert, and living desert. Each biome looked gorgeous, and had new details revealed about them throughout, like how multiple settlements and small towns are scattered across the map.
- The full map. As you can see above, FH5 finally revealed the full map for the game, and it's absolutely massive. We can see a ton of real-world locations being brought to life in Forza Horizon 5 like Mulegé, Tulum, and more, multiple Horizon Festivals, and a peek at the various biomes that will build FH5's expansive map.
- Drivatars and civilian traffic. We saw more drivatars hanging out around the Forza Horizon 5 map, and received confirmation that civilian traffic is absolutely returning in this entry.
- Tire smoke and driving effects. Tire smoke, as well as other effects while driving, have gotten big upgrades in Forza Horizon 5, to the point where tire heat and even the season have an effect on the tire smoke you get while driving.
If you want to soak up every detail imaginable on Forza Horizon 5, be sure to check out Let's Go! Episode 5 above, and bookmark our ultimate guide to Forza Horizon 5, which includes practically everything we've learned about the game.
The Festival returns
An epic adventure
Forza Horizon 5 is the latest project from Playground Games and continues the epic Forza Horizon adventure with a new roster of amazing cars and a brand-new location to explore: Mexico. Forza Horizon 5 launches on Xbox and PC later this year, and it's already available to preorder.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Can't wait for it to come out.