What you need to know
- Forza Horizon 5 is an open-world racing game from Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios.
- The title already includes plenty of content, but intends to evolve and grow over time with its Festival Playlist Series updates.
- During the latest Forza Horizon 5 Let's Go! stream, Playground covered many of the new cars and content coming in Series 2 and 3.
- With 24 new cars, world evolution, a community gifting challenge, and more, Forza Horizon 5 is going all out for the holidays.
Forza Horizon 5 is one of the best Xbox racing games released in recent memory, and its the intention of Playground Games to make the game even better over time. In a return of the Let's Go! stream series, members of the Playground team went over what players can expect from upcoming Series 2 and Series 3 updates, both of which will revolve around the holidays and add new cars and content to Forza Horizon 5.
Highlights of the next two Series updates for Forza Horizon 5 include 24 brand-new cars coming from a variety of sources, new challenges events, changes to the world, and even a new community challenge that encourages everyone to share the love with other FH5 players.
Forza Horizon 5 Series 2 and Series 3 updates will include features like:
- 24 brand-new cars. 24 new cars are being added to Forza Horizon 5, which can be earned via the Festival Playlist, the Forzathon Shop, Car Pass, and more. You can see all 24 cars in our Forza Horizon 5 car list.
- New horns and clothes. Alongside new cars, Forza Horizon 5 players are also getting additional ways to customize with new car horns, clothing items, emotes, and more.
- Changes to the world. The world of Forza Horizon 5 is evolving with Series 2 and 3 updates, including holiday-themed decorations like Christmas trees, presents, and candy canes scattered throughout the world during Series 2. The Horizon Stadium is also receiving a makeover and being turned into an ice rink with more smashables, ramps, and more. With Series 3, Forza Horizon 5 will celebrate New Years with different cultures in mind with new decorations and world changes.
- A community gifting challenge. Forza Horizon 5 is embracing the holiday festivities by encouraging its players to gift to other community members with a new challenge. You can gift Gift Drops like normal, but you can also gift any purchases from the Forzathon Shop to a random player (like Gift Drops) or even to a friend! When the FH5 community gifts enough, everyone will earn an exclusive outfit and then a brand-new, secret car.
- New Festival Playlist events. Of course, the Forza Horizon 5 Festival Playlist is getting a new series of challenges, events, and rewards. Most notably, however, Series 2 and Series 3 will begin to feature community-created EventLab creations alongisde the Playground Games-created events.
There's a lot to look forward to from Forza Horizon 5 in the coming months, but players are still afflicted by new bugs and issues from a recent patch update. At the beginning of the stream, Playground reaffirmed its appreciation of community feedback and its intent to fix the issues. A hotfix to resolve the infinite save screen issue plaguing FH5 players is in the final stages of testing now, and should (hopefully) be released in the near future.
The unchallenged champion
The best open-world racer
Playground Games has delivered their latest masterpiece with Forza Horizon 5, which features the series' most diverse map and largest car list yet. Forza Horizon 5 somehow fulfills its ambitious promises to be the best open-world racer right now, and one of the best racing games in general.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.