What you need to know
- Forza Motorsport 7 is a racing simulator from Microsoft.
- The game has received nearly two years of post-launch support.
- The August 6 patch is the last one and adds stricter race regulations.
- You can purchase the game for $50 through the Microsoft Store.
Forza Motorsport 7 is a racing simulator from Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios. On August 6, the game will get a final update which concludes nearly two years of post-launch support. This patch brings massive changes to Forza Race Regulations as well as tweaks to the interface.
You can read about all the major changes below, as well as free content like new cars.
- This month's free car is the 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport.
- That long string of Forza Race Regulations work in culminates in August with the introduction of race disqualifications.
- Those who accumulate a total of twelve seconds of penalties in a race will immediately be removed from the current race. The twelve-second time accumulation is the result of a great deal of in-house testing. The team wanted to find a balance between a time penalty total that was difficult for well-meaning but lesser-skilled players to accumulate, while still punishing griefers or rammers who want to ruin the race for others.
- After accumulating ten seconds of penalties in a race, the game will note that players have been placed on probation.
- Once a new race is started, penalties are completely reset for all players.
- There will be Forza Race Regulations-enabled lobbies.
- You can turn off Forza Race Regulations in private matches.
- Forza Race Regulations information, including penalties and disqualification state, will now also be viewable in the Horizontal Ticker when in Spectate mode.
- The Mini Leaderboard will now show the distance between cars in seconds.
You can read about the changes in great detail by heading over to the Forza Motorsport website.
It's great to see that Turn 10 is cracking down on griefers and other annoying players in the multiplayer environment. Hopefully, the team will build upon this foundation for the inevitable Forza Motorsport 8 for Project Scarlett.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends. Right now, you can purchase a three-month subscription for $45 through Amazon.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.