What you need to know
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a third-person tactical shooter.
- The game got a new trailer and post-launch information today.
- It's launching for Xbox One and other platforms in October.
- You can preorder it for $50 through Amazon (opens in new tab).
Many months ago, Ubisoft unveiled Ghost Recon Breakpoint for Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4, and Google Stadia. The game is a co-op adventure which also pushes the boundaries of storytelling and features The Punisher's Jon Bernthal. Many fans thought that Ghost Recon Breakpoint would be an expansion for Ghost Recon Wildlands, but it's an entirely new game. The title is designed to push you further than you've ever gone in a Ghost Recon game. Instead of the usual organization and certainty of your actions, you're being hunted by a powerful enemy and thrown onto the dangerous Pacific island of Auroa.
If you're unsure about the game, or simply want to play it early and help Ubisoft polish up the multiplayer component, then you should take part in the beta. Players can now pre-load the Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta to play from September 5 to 8 on all platforms except Google Stadia. Access to the Closed Beta is available to players who preorder the game and other randomly-selected individuals.
In addition to the Closed Beta information, the post-launch plan for Year 1 is now available. Year 1 starts at launch with Operation Greenstone, followed by Episode 2 and 3, coming every 4 months. Each Episode will receive hours of new content including endgame missions. You can take a look at the details below.
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each Episode.
- New endgame content: Every Episode will bring new endgame content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan volcano Raid
- New Faction missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative missions will be released.
- New Classes: Three new Classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer who is a hacker.
- Live Events: These events will feature special characters who will help you tackle new threats.
- Multiplayer updates: The competitive Ghost War mode will get new maps and more.
- Regular content: New content such as missions, activities, and unlockables will be available with each Episode.
The game should launch on October 4, starting at $60. It's going to be Xbox One X Enhanced because the team told us that it runs at "upscaled 4K and 30 FPS on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X." As with any Ubisoft title, there will be a multitude of editions, including a Ubisoft Store exclusive collector's edition which appears to feature the villain.
A deadly island
A covert operations shooter
Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a military shooter set in a diverse and hostile open world. The game can be played solo or with up to four players. You'll discover Auroa, a mysterious island where the most technically advanced facilities meet untamed nature.
Jump into digital
Ditch the discs
Secure your Xbox One S: All-Digital Edition, Microsoft's new and ambitious disc-less console. It's the cheapest Xbox One ever made, bundled with a trio of downloadable games like Forza Horizon 3.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One (opens in new tab) ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub (opens in new tab) ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand (opens in new tab) ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.