What you need to know
- Grounded is a co-op focused survival title from Xbox Game Studio Obsidian Entertainment.
- The title is already out in Early Access and Game Preview, and has attracted a ton of attention.
- There are still lots early issues with the game, so the team has been hard at work resolving those problems.
- Patch 0.1.2 will be out in the next few days with a hefty changelog accompanying it.
Less than a week after the release of its first solid patch, Obsidian Entertainment's Grounded is getting a second patch in update 0.1.2, which promises to make the game more stable, and resolve tons of crashing issues early players have had with this Early Access and Game Preview survival game. The update isn't out quite yet, but should be rolling out to all of Grounded's million's of players within the next day or two.
As expected, this patch is all about bug fixes, focusing primarily on overall stability, with several fixes targeted at specific crashes. The changes in 0.1.2 include:
- Better handling of dismissing profile selection at the Main Menu on Xbox One and Windows 10 Store versions which will help prevent saved games from going missing for players on the Xbox console and Windows 10 store.
- Fixed an issue where if you had the "Kill Mosquito" quest prior to the patch 0.1.1 release where it wasn't removed properly and would crash if you killed a creature while that quest was active.
- Fixed crash with approaching a base with traps that have an insect being damaged by one when the player arrives.
- Resolved an issue that would cause random crashes with juice drop combining when approaching them.
- We cleared out excess larva from games that still had large numbers of larva in their game from the infinite larva respawn issue prior to patch 0.1.1.
- Fixed the "Drop All" function not properly splitting items.
Items / Equipment / Resources
- Resolved an issue with Mushroom Gardens, Dew Collectors, Acorns, and other resources not respawning after their initial spawns.
- Reverting the change, for now, to lock containers to one player at a time since it was causing containers to stay permanently locked occasionally.
- Fixed an issue with Slime Mold Sconces not turning back on after loading back into a game.
- Removed "Customize Marker" from the Loot Backpack UI that was causing crashes if used (was not supposed to be available on that screen).
It looks like this patch addresses even more of some of the known issues and bugs players were having with Grounded, which is always great to see. Does this patch resolve any specific problems that were giving you trouble? Is there another fix you're still waiting for? Let us know down below!
It's a big(ger) world out there.
Obsidian Entertainment makes its exclusive debut on Xbox One and PC with Grounded, a unique survival experience that literally makes all of your problems much, much bigger. Join your friends as you're shrunk down to the size of an ant and are forced to survive in a dangerous backyard.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.