How to claim your Destiny 2 exotics on Twitch Prime
Destiny 2 has a lot of cool loot, and the best of the best are exotics. Exotics are ultra loot drops that you normally only get for defeating big bosses — and even then only randomly — or by purchasing them at the Eververse. Luckily, Amazon has joined forces with Bungie to offer you exotics with your Twitch Prime account. There is a process to claim those rewards though, so we thought it would be helpful to write it all down for you.
How to claim your exotics
- Sign up for Twitch Prime here.
- Go to the Destiny 2 page on Twitch.
- In the top right hand corner, click Sign in to link your Amazon account.
- Enter your details on the Amazon sign in page.
- Click on the Link account button to go to your Bungie account.
- Choose the platform you want to use with your account.
- Sign in to your Bungie account when you're prompted.
- Launch Destiny 2 on your favorite platform.
- Open the Director and choose the Tower.
- From the spawn point turn left and head down to the Hanger.
- At the bottom of the stairs, travel straight and a little left to talk to Amanda Holiday.
- Press and hold on the exotic engram to put it into your inventory.
Once you have followed these steps, you won't have to do it again for each subsequent month. You should be able to go to Amanda Holiday and claim your new exotics.
This is the first time Bungie has worked with Twitch Prime to give out exotics, and as far as loot goes, it's good. If you are a hardcore player, you might have all the exotics already, but for casual players, or for people that don't get exotics to drop, there is a good chance there is something for everyone.
Twitter user jpDeathBlade managed to find all the awards hidden in the code, and while most of them are cosmetic, there are three pretty good guns in there too. The Suros assault rifle has been a fan favorite since Destiny 1 with its perk that allows you to increase firepower at the cost of the rate of fire. Prometheus Lens is an excellent trace rifle that has an area effect the longer you hold the trigger. Against ADS, it's incredibly useful, as is the prospector. The prospector lets you fire missiles, and as long as you hold the trigger down, they won't blow up. It means you can move ADS and even bosses into the right position and unleash hell!
The rest of the loot is good, too, with exotic sparrows, exotic emotes, and an exotic ghost to claim. Bungie has even included the fancy ornament for each of the three weapons so you can make them look even better.
All in all, this is a nice little collection that you essentially get for free — If you have Amazon Prime that is.
The Darkness has arrived
Shadowkeep is the latest Destiny 2 expansion, bringing players a terrifying new adventure on the Moon.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
James built his first PC when he was 13 and has never looked back. He can be found on Windows Central, usually in the corner where all the 3D printers are, or huddled around the Xbox playing the latest games.