The Maps app on Windows 10 is a pretty handy thing to have around. Long gone are the days where you'd have to crack open a web browser to use a routing service. The Maps app is also great for quickly sending other people directions, to.
And it's really easy to do. Here's a quick beginners guide to show you what you need to know.
1. Open the "Maps" application on your PC or tablet.
2. Click on "Directions in the left hand pane.
3. Do the route planning based on your start and end points first.
4. Once you have your route, beneath the estimated time you'll see the regular Windows 10 share icon (three small circles connected by lines).
5. Click on "Share."
6. The Windows 10 Share pane will open on the right hand side. Choose your desired method, such as email.
This method allows you to use the Mail app, social apps like Twitter or even OneNote to share directions with other people. They'll not need the Maps app to use them as they'll get a full digital printout to read and hopefully navigate from!
For more Windows 10 tips be sure to drop by our dedicated page here
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Richard Devine is a Managing Editor at Windows Central with over a decade of experience. A former Project Manager and long-term tech addict, he joined Mobile Nations in 2011 and has been found on Android Central and iMore as well as Windows Central. Currently, you'll find him steering the site's coverage of all manner of PC hardware and reviews. Find him on Mastodon at mstdn.social/@richdevine