With Bethesda Game Studio's first foray into the world of online multiplayer with Fallout 76, the studio is ensuring that its servers can handle it beforehand. Bethesda just announced that the B.E.T.A. (Break-It Early Test Application) will arrive on Xbox One on October 23, just a couple of short weeks before the game's worldwide launch on November 14.
If you're a bit confused as to how you can access the Beta and begin your journey through the ruins of West Virginia, here's how.
Note: This does not appear to be an Open Beta, and as such you will be required to pre-order Fallout 76 in order to participate. Bethesda has not stated if they will open the Beta to everyone at another date.
If you preordered Fallout 76 digitally on console, search for Fallout 76 Beta in the store once it's live to download it.
If you pre-ordered physical or digital editions through other retailers, you'll need to follow a few steps before you can jump in.
- Create or log-in to your Bethesda.net account.
- Select your profile and choose Redeem Code from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the code that you received with your receipt after purchase.
- Once the Beta is live on October 23, select your profile and choose Transaction History from the drop-down menu.
- With the Beta code provided on your Transaction History page, redeem it on your Xbox One to start downloading.
Still haven't preordered Fallout 76? You may have missed out on the Power Armor Edition, but you can still purchase the Standard Edition or Tricentennial Edition, which includes several bonus in-game items.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.