What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev now lets you select and delete multiple passwords at the same time.
- The same update also brings a quick tab toggle feature to Edge on macOS.
- The update also includes several bug fixes and improvements.
Microsoft is working on improving password management within its Edge browser. The latest update to Edge Dev adds the ability to select and delete multiple passwords at the same time within the browser's settings section. The update brings Edge to build 91.0.845.2 and also includes a few other features.
If you use Edge Dev on a Mac, you'll be able to quickly toggle between tabs using a keyboard shortcut. The same functionality is already available on the Windows version of Edge.
Here's everything that's new, as found in a Tech Community post:
- Added the ability to select and delete multiple passwords at the same time from edge://settings/passwords.
- Added the ability to quickly toggle between two tabs on Mac via a keyboard shortcut. Note that this is already available on Windows via Edge's tab integration into the Alt+Tab switcher.
- Added a Certificate Management Settings page on Linux.
- Added a message to explain that Vertical Tabs can't be collapsed when IE mode tabs are open.
Microsoft is also testing the option to require authentication before autofilling passwords. That feature is in a controlled rollout for Edge Canary. Microsoft appears to be ramping up its efforts related to password management within Edge in several areas.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.